Chapter 1

Chapter One

Love; it's a small word, yet such an enormous feeling. I like to think of love as a sacrifice. Love is portrayed in movies and television shows, it's is everywhere in society. But why is it so great to us? Because love is important, and without it, the world wouldn't be where it is today.

My name is Josh Hutcherson. I've never had anything really go wrong in my life, I've always had it good, better than most. And I was thankful for that, for a life that most kids dreamed of having. Some people could post me as a big-shot, a boy who has too much money that he has no idea what to do with. And they would be right, I'd be lying if I denied it. But they'd also be wrong.

Who am I really? I don't think anyone possibly can answer that question for themselves. But my mom taught me that there's always a certain reason the way someone acts or appears.

See, when someone is born, they come with a personality and certain quirks and traits. They have a family and close friends. Whatever the case is, I try not to judge people for who they appear to be because inside of us all there's a battle being fought.

I could describe myself as attractive and funny and personable, but my battle is yet to come.

So let me tell you a bit about myself. You know my name and my job, but you don't know my story. Ever since I was little, I loved to be the center of attention. I loved it when people would laugh at my jokes and talk about me. I was the trouble maker, the one to stir up the drama. So I pursued acting, and received more attention than I ever could've possibly dreamed of. I've been in multiple movies and gained so many partners and friends, I couldn't possibly name them all.

Despite my previous roles and adventures to tell, this particular story isn't about any of those. Well, it is about an adventure. A big one, a massive one. It's about love.

It all starts with a person named Matt Ly, my best friend's boyfriend. I've always hated his guts, and not just because I was jealous, which I will later realize, but because of the pain he caused. And it all starts with one phone call.

It's just enough time of sitting here alone before I hear the Beatles blasting through my room through my small little iPhone speakers. It's a call from Jennifer, my best friend and costar.

"Hey, Jennifer," I say casually, spinning round in round in a rolling chair.

"Josh," she says, her voice weak and distraught.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Did Francis tell you?"

"Tell me what? What's happened?"

My mind scanned the endless possibilities that could've happened. The first thing that jumped to my mind was he was quitting the movie, or someone had gotten into an accident.

My thoughts were cut off by a chuckle, and then laughter booming through the speakers.

"What?" I say.

"You were so worried!" She splutters through laughter.

"That's really low," I said, smiling a little.

But it led me to wonder, how would we be if an accident really did happen?

"Hold on, I'm gonna face call you," she says. I smile when I see her face.

"I miss you," I say.

"Miss you too," she replies.

"Josh, dinner is on the-- oh," Connor comes busting through the door.

"AWW it's Josh's mini-me! Hi Connor!"

"Hi, Jenny," he says. "Dinner's ready."

"Got it, be down in a sec," I tell him. "Well I have to go, love you."

"Love you too, Josh."

A foreign feeling sends chills down my spine. Jennifer is my best friend, one of the closest friends I've ever had, but I can't help but feel annoyed at how it's only that...