Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Hey guys, this is a special chapter, you'll see why in a sec. Just wanted to say I'm expanding this story as much as I can because I know both of us don't want it to end. :( hope you enjoy this chapter...

Rhett's POV

I stare at the girl in front of me, her hair clinging to her tear stained cheeks and her eyes wide and frightened as I hold the gun up, pointing in the direction of her head. If I don't do this, Matt will kill me. I have no choice. It's me, or her.

"Jen, I'm sorry..." I whisper, my voice raspy and shaking.

"You're not sorry," she spits. "You're disgusting and all you care about is yourself."

I want to tell her that Matt's forcing me to do this, that I have no intentions of taking her life. But I just can't. I'm afraid. Of Matt, of myself. Would I be considered a coward if I didn't do this?

"Th-that's not true." My hands shake now, too.

"Then why are you doing this?"

"B-because of...." I stopped myself.

"You don't have to listen to him, Rhett. He's not the boss of you."

"But if I don't do this then I'm dead." I felt the tears sting my eyes as I slowly lowered the gun.

"I can tell you're a good guy, Rhett. I can see that you hate this as much as I do. So why don't you take a stand for yourself?"

"I can't."

"And why not.?"

"The last time I did that..." the first tear trickles down my cheek as I feel a sharp pain in my chest. "The last time I did that I ended up getting her killed."

"Who killed?"

"Maria. I loved her. And it's my fault she's dead."

"You didn't force the killer to do anything. It's not your fault." I don't reply as more tears fall. "You know, Rhett, you can kill me, but what good will that do you? Living with guilt the rest of your life?"

"I already am living with guilt."

"So you want more bags to carry?"

"N-no."

"Then just get yourself out of this. Run away, tell the police, do something. There's a name for people like you. It's called being a coward. You let people step all over you and the next thing you know you're in a mess you can't fix. But it's not the way to go, believe me." Jen has a point. I shouldn't just let people squash me like a bug.

"You're right," I whisper.

And now, I have a plan of my own.

I smile as I clutch my fingers into fists of determination.

***

Woo Jen's good at convincing people. Hehe.

What do you think his plan is?? I bet you'll never guess hehehe (>_<)

Make sure to kik me: @flicktion :)

Love ya guys,