Chapter 25

Chapter 25

The first and only thing I can feel and think of is pain. Pain, pain, pain. This is the only thing that got us here in the first place. Jen is screaming by my side, telling me to wake up. What does she mean? I am awake. I can't see anything but darkness and I can't hear anything but the discordant echoes of my friends and I can barely make out what they are saying.

My head pounds incessantly and rapidly, every pulse like a mallet against my skull. I must've hit it when I fell to the ground. All I can feel is my head pounding and my heart beating. I can't feel anything below me. Am I dead? Or am I dying? Is this what it feels like to be dying?

I want to tell Jen that I'm okay, that I'm still alive, but I can't control anything. I want to get up to help Rhett and kill Matt and Sid, but I can't do anything. I'm frozen, like a statue or maybe my body's trapped by a block of ice.

I can think straight, but the voices screaming around me confuse me, and I just want them to stop because it's not making the pounding any better. Suddenly, everything stops. There are no more voices, and all I hear is the sound of a gunshot ringing through the silence. My body jolts awake, and I bolt in an upright position, all the blood flowing rapidly now.

Jen laughs. "You're awake, you're not dead." She takes my face in her hands and kisses me. I don't really know what's going on, all I know is that I'm awake and Jennifer is kissing me, and I know that it makes everything feel better.

When she pulls away, I look around me. I'm in a dark room, the moonlight just touching the bottom of the floor and it's the only source of light in the room. Sam tackles Matt to the ground, screaming obscenities in his ear. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to focus hard enough to get up.

I try to stand, but I grunt from the pain it brings. "No, don't try and get up," Jen says softly, her voice calming me down a bit.

"I have to- ah," I groan. "I have to help Sam or he will d-die." Every word feels like a stab through the side, I let out screams as I try and get to my feet. "J-Just call the police and..." My voice gives out and I can't say another word.

I look anywhere but down at the blood gushing out of my stomach, and wince in pain as I take a step forward. Slowly, the pain becomes bearable, I get accustomed to the feeling.

"What the hell! You should've died!" Sid screams, lunging at me. I kick him in the groin just before he can have a grab at my neck. I let out the least painful laugh I can give.

"Well I didn't," I manage. "And you're not g-going to get away with this." I look at him doubled over in pain, his grunting and whining harmonising with the sound of sirens, and a flicker of hope inside of me grows into a hungry fire.

~

Hey guys, sorry this isn't my best or longest. I haven't really been up to doing anything lately because I'm going through a pretty bad breakup, but if you still wanna talk or something my kik is @flicktion.

Thanks for your support guys