Chapter 24

Chapter 24

My feet take me where I need to be. I burst open every door in the house one by one, hoping to see her face again. I just need to see it, to know she's okay. The last door in the house, I kick my foot on it and the door flies open.

My heart stops for a moment in time, and I just stare into her eyes for a bit.

"Josh?" Her voice is so small, so weak, that it breaks my heart.

I don't even realise when I'm right next to her. Tears stream down her face, I tell her not to cry. The ropes are strong, my hands are shaking, I can't break them. It's hopeless. I needed Sam's strength and Sid's smarts. I'm weak and desperate, just wanting nothing more for her to be safe in my arms now.

Sid and Sam burst through the doorway rushing over to her. Sam pulls out a pockets knife and cuts to ropes. Rhett watches us through the doorway, and I smile at him. I can never repay what he's done for me.

Jennifer throws herself into my arms, crying on my shoulder. "Shh, shh. It's okay, you're safe now."

It rings through my ears, the loud sound of a boom and a scream. I look over in horror where Rhett lies, Matt towering over him like a zombie.

"How sweet." Matt's smile is demonic, it sends shivers down my spine. I clutch Jen's hand. "Now, you're ready to die."

All I know is that its dark and cold, and I'm frightened beyond explanation. I want to run to save Rhett but I can't. Matt's arm shakes as he lifts up the gun, pointing it directly towards my head.

Sid slowly approaches Matt. First, I think he's going to save Rhett, but he puts a foot on the lying body's chest and smiles at us. He throws off his glasses and crushes them under his boot. "First order of business. Josh..." Sid says.

"W-What?" Sam stutters.

"That's right, I'm working for Matt."

"But why?!" Jen cries in horror.

"Well, he has lots of money, I've always despised Sam, I thought, why not get rid of him!! It was perfect! I knew you'd call me, then I'd help you get here and you could all be dead." Sid smiles as if he's done something right.

"Why do you hate me..?" Sam asks quietly.

"Enough of the chitchat! More blood!" Matt yells, ripping through the silence.

Crack! I feel an impact, I fall down, Jen screams my name.

~

Couple more chaps for ya guys. Hope you like itttt. Sorry I updated so late I had a bunch of unexpected last minute plans that came up but I promised so I hope you all enjoyed.

Heheh😈

Make sure to kik me and tell me your feedback! @flicktion

Love yoooou x