Yes

I saw this as a pin on Pinterest, and decided to turn it into a one shot. ENJOY! It takes place 7th year, I forgot to mention.

Lily POV

"So, like I was saying. Shall we do Head Duties in the Common Room later?" I asked James. We were Heads this year, and he was actually doing an okay job. He was nice, funny, caring, charming, was good-looking, and had stopped hexing first years. I'll just say it straight out, but I liked him. Like like liked him. I had admitted it to myself 2 weeks ago, and had yet to move forward.

"Sure. Sounds like a date." James said, and I ducked my head, and blushed deeply. He cleared his throat, and nervously went on, "And since we are now good friends, and I haven't asked you out in like forever, I wanted to tell you that I still liked you like that, and I was wondering, if you would like to go out with me?" he rambled. I nearly laughed, the poor boy sounded so scared, like I was going to hex him. Knowing me, a few years ago, I probably would have. But now, I knew what my answer would be.

"Yes." I said clearly, James was looking away.

"I'm so sorry, Lily. Can we-Wait what did you say?" James asked. This time I really laughed. 

"Yes." I repeat, and his face light up like a little boy's at christmas.

"OH MY MERLIN. WAIT A SECOND, THIS IS GROVY. I MUST TELL-. Lily, wait here for a moment." James danced, using a muggle word I had taught him. He danced out of the room, and I giggled some more. Seconds later, he dashed back in with Sirius in tow.

"Okay. Repeat what you just said." James instructs.

"Um, yes?" I said, and Sirius went nuts. 

"OMG OMG OMG, THE FEELS, THE SS. JILY IS LEAVING THE DOCK! THIS IS A BIG, BIG, BIG, DAY!!!" Sirius screams.

"Has he gone crazy?" I asked James, who smiled and said, 

"No, but since you just agreed to go out with me, you're also crazy!"