Flowers

I have so many ideas! This one takes place in the 7th year. There's like 4 more chapters the will be coming out very soon. 

Lily's POV

Lilies. Everyone thought that I loved Lilies. I mean, I can see why they thought that. But to the contrary, I hated Lilies. Still do. I've always hated them. But every year, every Valentine's day, I always receive a ton of Lilies. No one has ever bothered to consider that I might dislike them. That I might like another flower. And tomorrow, February 14th, is the dreaded day. I thank the people who gave them to me. But - I just wish that someone might give me something else. 

"Hey, Flower!" James's voice sounded from across the Head's common room.

"Don't call me Flower, James!" I protested.

"Of course, Of course." James said, clearly not paying attention. "So, Flower. Are you excited for Valentine's day?" 

"Eh. I've never really been all for it, but sure. I guess I am." I responded. 

"Well, I got you some flowers for an early gift." James said, sounding slightly nervous. I mean, I do tend to blow up at him when he does this sort of thing. But great. More Lilies. The JOY. But James took me for surprise. Drawing out his wand from his robe pocket, he made a circle shape. A wreath of leaves began to form, and float onto my head. I rushed over towards the mirror, expecting to see Lilies atop my head. No.

There were roses. Beautiful, white roses. How could he have known? Known that I hate Lilies, known that I love roses? 

"Thanks, James." I say, and stepping closer, I intend to kiss him on the cheek. But the devilish boy has turned his face slightly, and I end up fully kissing him. 

This feels good. This feels right. He's gentle, but I feel love and warmth. When we break apart, I ask the question before he even can.

"James, will you be my boyfriend?"