ILY

Lily POV

"Who said I love you first?" Marlene asked. I had finally said yes to James about getting married. He'd been asking for months, but I was unsure, always responding with: "James, we're too young. There's a war going on." One day, he'd had enough, and told me right back:

"I don't care if we're too young. I don't care if there's a war going on. The thing I care about is loving you. I love you, Lily Evans, with all my heart. So you can keep saying no to me, but I won't stop asking." James protested. And so, I said yes. 

My friends were ecstatic. Immediately planning the bridal shower, baby shower, (to which I responded: What in Merlin's favorite chocolate frog? I'm 19 years old,  for Godric's sake!), and by extent, the wedding. So here we were, me being the reluctant participant at my own bridal shower, while my friends preceded to embarrass me completely. 

Boys weren't supposed to be there, but honestly. It's James I'm so bloody amazing and I must be invited to everything Potter, Sirius What did you say, of course I'm coming, I will sneak in if I must and pour punch on everyone, I must be there for Lils Black, Remus we really shouldn't be doing this but...ehhh....I want to go too Lupin and Peter I'm never around anymore because whatever, but duh I will help break into a party I shouldn't be at Pettigrew. They found a way in. 

"Well?" Marlene asked. The answer was James, he told it to me in the rain all those years ago. So I wasn't surprised when he stood up from next to me, and said in a dramatic voice,

"Me! I told it to her in the first year, on the train!" 

"WHAT?" The entire room echoed, me included. "Since when?"

"Everybody, calm down and let Prongs have his moment of brilliance that actually I came up with!" Sirius said, also standing up. The room quieted down.

"Okay, so you all know the catch phrase ILY? No? Okay, well, Ily means I love you. So Lily can mean Lily, I love you. When I met her for the first time, I said: Lily. What a pretty name. BOOM!" James told everyone. 

That was the story of how James told me he loved me, when I didn't even know it.

I felt so clever when I realized this. MIA HAHAHAHAHAHA. 

Mia