Reality Check

"Starlight, Star wake up." I open my eyes and see Ginny above me with a worried look on her face. "What happened?" I ask getting up quickly. "It's Justin." I jump up and run out of Gryffindor Tower, to the hospital wing. "Justin!" I say sobbing above him. "It's alright dear, he's just Petrified." Madam Pomfrey says. "Just Petrified?! Did you start making the Mandrake Draught?" I say wiping my tears. "No. The Mandrakes are not fully developed yet." She says. I start shaking uncontrollably and run out, bumping into Draco. "Hey Starlight, are you ok?" I fall to the ground crying and shaking uncontrollably. "What happened?" He asked sitting next to me. "Justin.... Petrified." I say. "How?" "Basilisk....Eyes....Reflection!" I feel the adrenaline run through my veins and look at Ron and Hermione. "Harry, are you alright?" Ron says. "W-what?" I hear Harry's voice come from my mouth. "You just saw your sister's boyfriend Petrified on the floor." Hermione says. "Starlight?" I blink and see Draco's face. "What happened?" He asks. "I just saw through Harry's eyes." I say standing up. "You're in shock, you need to go back to the hospital wing." He says. "And what, see my boyfriend's motionless body? No thanks. I have to find a way to speed up the Mandrake process." I say, starting to walk away. "There is no way, you just have to wait." I pause and look back at him. "I'm sorry, I-I wasn't thinking-" "It's ok. I broke up with you remember, and you moved on. A little quickly, maybe." He says. "Someone forced you." I say, realizing how quickly Justin asked me out. "What? No." "Don't lie to me, I know you." He sighs. "Yes, someone forced me-" "Who?" I say cutting him off. "I can't-" "Who?" I say breaking into tears. He sighs and holds my wrists to keep me balanced. "It was Justin." I collapse to the floor and have a vision.

Vision:
"Keep a mirror with you at all times. Make sure to point it every corner." I hear a voice say. "Hermione?" I whisper. "Of course, thanks for letting me know." I hear another voice, though I don't know who it is. I'm in the hallway near the library. The door opens and Hermione and a prefect from Ravenclaw come out, going there separate ways. I decide to follow Hermione and see a note in one hand, and a mirror in the other. "She knows?" I whisper. "Yessss...come closer..." I hear a soft deadly whisper come from my right. Before Hermione turns to the left, she stops. "Why did you stop?" I whisper. I see a flicker of yellow eyes staring at Hermione hungrily. "Hermione?" I turn and the Ravenclaw prefect run towards her. "Hermione-" She looks in the mirror and stops. I run to them both and find them both Petrified. "No." I whisper. I look down at the note in Hermione's hand and read it. "So the basilisk is traveling through the pipes." I shove the note back in her hand and hide it in her palm.

I snap back into reality and feel a surge of pain searing through my scar. I scream and clutch my ankle. "Starlight! Starlight it's ok!" Through my tearing eyes, I see Draco. "You're ok now." "I don't want to see him." I say looking over at Justin's bed, Draco brought me to the hospital wing. "But he's your boyfriend." "You're right, but when he wakes up I'm going to tell Harry." I look at Draco. "Sorry I missed the Dueling Club." I say. "It's ok. Potter kind of beat me. Did you know he was a Parseltongue?" I nod. "Lucy is too." "Really?" I nod again. "I talk to her about it a lot now. It's hard to be a Parseltongue at a time like this, you hear the basilisk everywhere." I say laying back down. "It's 1 a.m, you should sleep." He says getting up. "Alright, see you in the morning." I say. "Bye." He says. "Bye." And I drift off to sleep.