Part 8

Well, Hoenn was a simple battle, so most of us just did sightseeing with Lancelot. He was a good tour guide, and Haedis was practically with him 24/7.

Every now and then, we dropped into a gym. Earthquake easily defeated all the leaders. Then we were back on our trip, fully paid with our winnings.

Along the way, Vesuvian evolved. He became quieter, fully accepted as the leader of the group. Though he still loved following Razorback around. An inseperable duo.

We travelled across Hoenn, and I met a sprightly girl called May

We travelled across Hoenn, and I met a sprightly girl called May. She wanted to become a trainer, but apparently didn't have the time. I promised to call in every now and then and inform her on my journey: maybe it would inspire her to make time. Hopefully.

She was nice, always petting all of us in turn, even though Haedis always tried to shock her, and Lakota pretended he didn't like it.

Heh. I remember the first time she petted Vesuvian, he accidentally knocked her over. Then he went and laid down next to her and nuzzled her face.

But soon we were off, just the seven of us. Lancelot dropped us off at the station, and Haedis barely wanted to leave. We promised to write back, and find out how his Pokémon Ride Pager business was doing.

And then... back home! To Kanto!

We dropped back at Professor Willow's lab first, to see if Pippa the Piplup and Snivy were back with their trainers. We met another starter, though, called Fennekin. She was meant to be the fire aspect of the trio, but she was too young. It was cosy there, with the metallic machines dappled with sunlight from the tall, arched windows.

The place that had been my home for so long. It felt great seeing the prof again.He was so proud of me for evolving. He told us that Snivy had been taken by a trainer called Blue, and Pippa was off in Hoenn with someone called Dawn. I could remember both being chosen.

Blue was a nice trainer, who knew immediately she wanted Snivy. Lifted her straight out of the box and wooped. "Come on, Snivy! We're going to be the very best! Thanks, Prof!"

Then Dawn. Pippa was very shy about leaving the prof, so I tried to block her from view, so I would be taken first, and Pippa would have more time with the prof. But I knew as soon as Dawn saw her flipper, that those two were meant to be Pokémon and trainer. She could understand Pippa almost instantly, before she was even officially her Pokémon.

I hoped to see them again, soon.

But we were off home, with White thinking hard about Fennekin. I wasn't sure why at the time. She wouldn't tell us.

 She wouldn't tell us