Part 2

Well, you can imagine I was a bit excited, having the best starter Pokémon ever. I grabbed my bag, and we headed out, Allah and I. I had waited so long for this day.

I waved goodbye to my mum. I would see her again soon, unlike the olden days: everything is so interconnected that a journey across Kanto takes barely a day, and you're never further than a hour from a Pokémon centre.

However, I barely made it to the end of my driveway when a post-boy rolled up.

"You've won the lotto!" he gasped.

"What lotto?"

"The Pokémon lotto! All trainers in Prof Willow's system are part of it. Every week, trainers across all seven regions get prizes. Generally money. But you've really hit gold! Byeeeeee!"

I was, of course, unaware that any such lotto existed. Or that I was part of it.

I also had no idea that post boy meant that I'd literally hit gold. A golden Pokémon.

I also had no idea that golden Pokémon existed.

So.

There I was, faced with a golden Rufflet.

He was pretty adorable.

So. Well. Braviary are good. And so I got myself a second team member...

 And so I got myself a second team member

Hey, I was tougher than that.

Suuuure. With your little blunt talons and the fluffy headfeathers that made up more than half of your total body weight.

I was leaping all over, pecking everything! Heh. Good times.

Yep. Good times, when you couldn't land a hit.

Anyway, I'm stronger now. I helped you catch the next member. The first catch of the team. Shame I wasn't evolved yet, 'cos I would've loved being undisputed leader before Vesuvian came in.

Oi! No mentioning events that haven't happened yet!

Hey, hold your wing feathers. I was getting to that. Once you were fiiinally able to understand me and Allah, we headed out to Route 101, or whatever it's called. I remember this spearow who was just trying to get you to battle him the whole time, and you kept ignoring him. Hah! Good times.

What spearow?

Exactly! So, anyway, there we were, looking around for a good first catch, when you spotted an electrike. One daw and you sent me in to take him to the ground!

To get him caught, dunderhead! Anyway, I read a webcomic about this trainer who had an electrike, and I decided I wanted one. You know, to vary from my usual virtual teams with rapidashes and magikarps and gallades and eevees and... you know. So, we took the little green and yellow fellow under our wings. I've always had a soft spot for electric types anyway.

Hey!

Oh please. They're all yellow. You know my favourite colour is yellow. Hey, Haedis, wanna write a bit? 'Bout when we first met you?