Part 18

The next few weeks passed quickly, with some minor housekeeping and hanging out with my rivals.

And there was the day you were looking through all of our pokedex entries.

...You had to bring that up.

Yep. Go on...

No.

*sigh* Razorback here. I was just an ordinary Scyther at that point, having helped defeat all the Elite 4s. And White was looking through our entries because she wanted an edge on Sinnoh, and wanted to mega-evolve everyone, even though she had no idea how it worked.

She'd marked down most of the team, and then went to look at my entry.

"I'm pretty sure Scyther can't mega-evolve... not sure though... let's see..."

At that point you gave a little yelp because the entry had finally loaded.

"YOU CAN EVOLVE WHAT WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS."

Shut up. The evolution must've been brought in later, like, in Sinnoh or something, because I mainly know gen 1, 5 and 7 Pokémon and Ash Ketchum's Scyther sure didn't evolve in Kanto OR Johto, and he definitely wasn't there in Unova.

So, I was finally answered the question as to why you never evolved me.

It's not my fault. Anyway, I went and bought a metal coat, and all the mega stones except beedrillite because they're about $80,000 each and I ran out of money. Then, me and Dawn organised a trade, because apparently you trade evolve.

Turns out that didn't need to happen but Dawn wanted your help to beat some gyms in Johto or something so yeah.

*sigh* So, I finally had my evolution. It was a bit of a shame: lots of Pokémon evolve right after defeating an incredible foe. I got sent away from the team for a week or two to evolve, and never got to meet this famous 'Infernape'.

Wait wait I need to upload this picture of your evolution first aaah no spoilers while I work.

There.

Anyway, we missed a bit just before your evolution.

Oh. Mr Flashy Motorbike. I forgot he joined then.

*sigh*

Anyway, just like I traded Rayquaza for HB with Blue, Dawn wanted to trade a Pokémon as well.

So I took my masterballs and went hunting for a golden Eevee.

Are you sure?

...well, obviously it wouldn't be me if I didn't forget pokeballs the first time around. You have any idea how long it took to find a golden eevee?

Almost as long as it took to find it again afterwards?

...yeah, just about.

So, then we got the flashy motorbike Pokémon: Blitzle.