Part 20

And so commenced...

THE HUNT FOR A SHINY ZORUA

Also known as:

I HATE METALLIC POKEMON NOW THANKS

Oh my. Should I come back later?

No, it's fine Allah. Hey, remember that time we got May to properly become a trainer by promising to catch her a shiny zorua?

...yes?

...that was fuuuuun wasn't it?

I guess-

IT WAS NOT FUN

Calm down.

aaaaaaaaah the shinies are impossiiiiiibleeeeeeeee

*sigh* Well, White was pretty enthusiastic at first. The moment she got word from May, she jumped straight onto the PokeFinder and bundled us all on the train to Kanto, where we headed to gym leader Erika's town.

Then she started running up and down, bumping into a heap of Zorua.

But none of them were shiny L

And then, finally, we bumped into one.

However, it wouldn't be us if we hadn't forgotten to bring along pokeballs.

CARROTING POKEBALLS.

So we headed to the store and White was so annoyed she bought 10 masterballs and almost went broke.

I was originally going to buy 15, but I didn't have enough L

So we were back at Erika's quaint little town, watching White running back and forth through a patch of grass, at one point tripping over a shiny zorua, but it ran away before she could get up.

I mean, seriously! After that, I started counting zorua: I saw 26 normal ones, 1 mystic, 2 metallic, and I even saw 4 mystic magnemites 4 MYSTIC MAGNEMITES IN A GRASS TOWN aaaaaaaaaah L

I promptly came to the conclusion that you couldn't catch shiny zoruas and went on to catch a golden rayquaza and a metallic kyurem and put them on direct trade.

My hypothesis was proved furthermore from the fact that not only had no one traded me a shiny zorua after 24 hours (despite the fact I offered the legendaries to every single shiny zorua on the market: about 5 pages worth), I couldn't find one in any of the rooms that offered zoruas.

At this point, it was less about getting May a Pokémon, and more about me wanting to finally catch one of those elusive Pokémon.

Oh, come on. Stop exaggerating. You're almost as bad as Furie sometimes.

I was beginning to wonder if zorua could disguise themselves as other Pokémon, like they did in the olden days.

You barely spent half an hour in the grass.

THAT WAS HALF AN HOUR TOO LONG.

You realise that shiny hunting sometimes takes hours?

OH ARCEUS HAVE MERCY ON OUR SOULS.

... well, White took the legendaries off the market and released them, walked around a bit more in the long grass, and finally found something to chuck her masterball at: a shiny zorua.

ABOUT CARROTING TIME.

And I wonder why we defeated each region in barely two days...

//Thank you for reading 'A Hunt for a Shiny Zorua: the Rarest Pokémon in the Universe'//