Part 11

So, we went home, went to Prof Willow's lab, and delivered a scale to Misty for him. We were trying to decide how to face Claire at Cerulean city. You see, dragon types are only weak to ice, fairy and dragon: and we had none of the three. Then Allah gasped and raced off, curling around a Prinplup by a tall, blue-haired girl.

"Pia!" Allah exclaimed.

"Allah!" the Prinplup exclaimed.

"Hey! You must be Dawn!" I raced over, "I'm White! It's great to meet you!"

"Hey, White! You're my rival?"

"Yep! You fighting Misty?"

Dawn nodded, and we conversed for a while. Pia chatted with Allah, and her teammate Selina the Seadra fought Vesuvian (earthquakes illegal for obvious reasons).

We ended up on the topic of Blue, the other pokedex holder and Snivy's trainer, who was rumoured to be on a shiny hunt in Johto: Blackthorn city!

Eventually, I said goodbye to my rival, and I was back to Johto. There was still no plan to beat Claire and her pidgey-esque dragons, but I wasn't going to pass up an opportunity to spot my other rival.

Blackthorn city!

I knew exactly where to look for my new rival when I saw a snivy and a shiny electrike rushing towards us. Strange to think that snivy is older than Allah the Serperior by four years.

Blue was pretty down to earth, informing me that the shiny hunt was at its peak hour over in Johto, and yet snivy had not been in a gym battle as of yet, meaning that they were headed over to Hoenn soon. I gave them Lancelot's address; I was sure he'd love the advertisement.

All three of them were pretty confused when I passed a side remark about wishing Mudsdale was a fairy type. I'm pretty sure Vesuvian was too. Finally, I decided we needed to take on team member number 8. Razorback helped me decide that the best typing we could get for this battle (and future battles too, hopefully) was fairy/ice. I wasn't sure that one existed.

Then I remembered that one of my favourite Pokémon had that exact typing.

YOU CALLED!

GLARGH!

Oh come on. You've had practice for this. How are you still surprised at my entrance?

SHUT UP AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF, YOU FANGED DEVIL.