Part 24

THE FINAL GYM! ICE-TYPE WULFRIC IN SNOWBELLE CITY!!!

NOTE: WHAT IS THAT MOUSTACHE ok, I give up on Kalos 'hairstyles'

As you can guess, I was slightly worried about the final gym being ice-type, and was desperately hoping for 0 vannilish. We picknicked in the Winding Woods, Haedis running off with his new friends of Noctowls and Leafeons, while HB and I nitpicked at the plan. It seemed pretty solid, so we went off to buy some potions and headed straight for the gym. Take it away, ace fighter Vesuvian!

Up before us, cut into the face of an icy mountain, was the Snowbelle City Gym. Snow caked the windowsills, and we headed inside to challenge the final gym leader: Wulfric!

Avalugg came out first, bulky and tough. An earthquake did practically nothing to the beast of ice, so I went off with fighting moves. Soon as I was out of pp, the golden figurehead of the team swooped out, busting out superpowers left right and centre. Cryagonals fell without a care, and then up came Abomasnow. With no fighting moves left on the team, it was time to exploit one more weakness.

Soaring down from above, a frail bee transformed into a beast of steel and poison, laying down the inevitable forces with barely a hit taken. Premonition had truly earned a spot amongst us in the battle team.

Without a backwards glance, we strode out of that gym; all leaders, all elites, all champions, and all frontiers defeated.

There was only one thing left to do.

Lakota?

---

I crept through the underbrush, Vesuvian just behind me. White gave the signal to stop as she spotted her target.

"You ready, Lakota?" she whispered.

I waved out my golden headdress of feathers, and she grinned. Furie gave me a thumbs up, though I could tell she wanted to handle this herself.

I went straight up, disappearing into the clouds, the band on my leg beeping once I had reached the right spot. White's voice crackled through.

"From this point you're on your own. Good luck Lakota; and fight hard."

I heard the distinctive beeps of the band that HB had spent all week teaching me: left, right, up, and... hard down.

I rushed through the clouds, straight for the ground, faster than a speeding arrow. Down below, a glowing yellow dot grew bigger and bigger...

Blackthorn City.

Home of the Areceus.

Lakota dived and feinted, matching the shiny arceus's every move with a mirror of power, dodging the aura of crazy hype, and finally, just above Glascow, he fluttered for a second, a ball of pure gold before the Sun. 'Twas time...

To kill a god.

<END>