Part 14

Out in a flurry of dust and darkness, shards of ice flying through the gym.

One dragon down. Leap back.

A flash of leaping blue and gold, electricity hitting the roof, flickering in spontaneous bursts.

Two dragons down. Leap back.

A glowing pink aura around the eyes, distorting the vision of both predator and prey, playing it rough, and then a snip of teeth.

Three dragons down. Leap back.

Hooves hitting the ground, floorboards groaning, explosions across the floor as dragonair forgets to fly.

Four dragons down. Leap back.

Ice, aura, back mouth turning to steel, a swing, a fall.

Five dragons down. Lunge forward.

A black shadow around the fist, dancing and twirling, striking, ice and auras and...

Six dragons down.

Roaring, panting, standing tall, not a single Pokémon fainted...

Johto down.

BATTER UP!

The look on Clair's face was priceless.

"Thank you, miss, for taking me on." I grin, and Furie leaped up on my shoulder, huffing yet still ready to fight if need be.

"Heh. Congratulations. That's quite a team you've got there."

HA! TAKE THAT LIL' DRAGON LADY AND MEET THE EVERLASTING FUR-mmph!

Furie. Calm down.

And then it was off to Sinnoh!

Well, sort of.

The look on your face was priceless, when you found out-

Oi.

Sorry. I'll leave you and your invisible audience to revel over my amazingness. Bye~

Yeah. Yeah. Sure.

So, off we went! At first, we weren't sure how we would head to Sinnoh. Some major train lines were down for a week or two, all the minor ones adding up to a 48 hour journey, instead of 24. That's when Haedis disappeared into the ether realm again.

Not my fault if you didn't realise when I went missing. You were too obsessed with training up Vesuvian and Furie, and the rest looked after each other.

...shut up. Anyway, he then surfaced out of the ocean on a waillord.

"'Sup," he said, "I'm B-Dawg."

"Hey guys, meet Benny!" you cried, "He's Nebula's cousin!"

"Who's Nebula?" I asked.

"Y'know, the Swanna we met in Falkner's town? Apparently, someone went trying to burn nests down after Falkner got beat so easily when we passed through. Some say it was actually Falkner."

"A gym leader wouldn't do that!"

"Course not, but that won't stop people speculating. But anyway, all the nests targeted were up 0.1% damaged. I think if it was Falkner, he would've done better. Worse. One of the two."

And so began the adventures of the Unovar team and Benny the Wailord.