Part 15

THE ADVENTURES OF THE UNOVAR TEAM AND BENNY THE WAILORD

CAST:

White <14 y>

Allah the Serperior <Lv. 61>

Lakota the golden Braviary <Lv. 75>

Haedis the Manectite <Lv.63>

Premonition the Beedrill <Lv.69>

Vesuvian the op Mudsdale <Lv.96>

Razorback the Scyther <Lv.73 >

Neville the Drifblim <Lv.76>

Furie the Mawile <Lv. 68>

HB the Umbreon <Lv. 34 >

Benny the Waillord <Lv. 15>

DAY 1

"Well, that's all very well, Haedis," I said, "But why is Benny here?"

"Sup, I'm B-dawg."

"Benny, B-dawg, whatever. Why's he here?"

"He's bringing us to Sinnoh," said Haedis, "Since the trains are down."

I glanced at the notice behind me.

"But we only found out about the trains two minutes ago! How did you get a waillord so fast?"

"You only found out now? I've known for two weeks!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe you were too busy levelling peeps up."

"HAEDIS THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELLING EVERYONE CAN DO LEVELLING!"

"Hey White! White!"

Blue ran up to us, a man in a white lab coat running just behind, grumbling and punching numbers into his arm-machine-thing. Though probably the strangest thing about him was a tuft of blue hair that defied gravity and curled about in the air above his head.

"Professor, Coalrest is going to let us have a live battle! C'mon White! We can do it right here!"

"It's Colress-"

"Yeah, whatever, c'mon White!"

I stood for a few seconds.

"Um. Vesuvian? Razorback, Furie, stay here with Benny, the rest of you are with me. We're gonna... yes, we're going to give our rival whom I thought would be in Hoenn by now a sporting chance, even though they came from nowhere with a random scientist dude whose hair defies physics."

"Sup, I'm B-dawg."

"C'mon, guys!"

Blue informed me that live-battles were relatively new features, new devices made to have a completely safe battle anywhere, utilizing the same technology that made gyms nearly indestructible in official battles. Because most trainer vs trainer battles have to be done in secluded areas where a stray psybeam or giga impact won't tear a building to shreds: and all the people inside it.

We tried it, but the scientist/gravity-defying-hair-dude couldn't keep all the glitches at bay. I'm kinda glad, because otherwise Blue would've suffered quite a loss: we were uber tough! And the strongest shiny on the rival team was the Rayquaza I'd traded for HB.

"We should try this again sometime. I gotta go! The herd of shiny mothim have been spotted again, just north of here!"

With that, Blue ran off, and the scientist stalked off, punching more numbers in his robot-arm thing.