Part 12

Well, I was just a humble little Mawile-

Suuuuure.

-living out my days on a flat patch of land, dreaming of forbidden adventure, a chance to prove my extreme worth to the world! I was condemned to spend my days carrying logs to and fro in my mouth, being extremely strong and extremely bored.

The managers sure weren't, though. When I got there, they were screaming and running for cover as a giant tree trunk sailed towards them.

So I decided, enough is enough! I wasn't going to spend my life chained under their unmerciful command! In the dead of the night, I slit my shakles-

You were not chained. I saw you snoring on the managers' beds later in the afternoon, and they were too scared to go in and try to remove you.

-and sprinted out into the night. But alas! Twas a piece of translucent tripwire that sent me sprawling, and a wailing alarm rose over the night-

That was the shift bell. All Pokémon on shift helping to build that area were to go and have fun/sleep/eat...

-and the tyrannical, so-called 'managers' streaked out, predators chasing their fleeing prey- or so they thought.

They raised their double-barreled shotguns and took their aim as I took a sharp turn: straight back towards them-

Are you ignoring me?

-leaping a stray bullet, and landing on one's vest, tearing the gun in half, and circling to the back:

"Put the gun down," I growled, in a way that they knew what I was saying without me speaking English, "Or this one gets it."

Nope, I'm pretty sure that was just you throwing a hissy fit because you didn't want to leave their beds.

His eyes widened, and the gun clattered to the ground. In one deft stroke, it was severed in half, laying uselessly in the dirt. Then, before they realised I was back on the move, the door was open, the chains being smashed apart, the slaves fleeing for their lives. But just as the last one left, the doors slammed shut before me, trapping me inside, two collosal shadows rearing up behind me. I backed up, the glinting metal of the doors slick beneath my fingertips, sweat and blood mingling at my touch-

Furie. Furie. Stop. Calm down. There was no sweat. There were no guns. And there was definitely no blood.

-the work of eons past, all governed by these nightmares escaped from the depths of Tartarus-

Oh well. At least you make stuff more exciting than 'I went to talk to Blue. We conversed'.

-and then I grinned. I was but a pawn in their intricate game: a pawn that had reached the other end of the board and became a queen! And now I had others under my command, others who would not hesitate to risk their own lives for mine...

"Vesuvian," I whispered, and yet he heard; "Earthquake."

Ok, now that definitely didn't happen.

The roof came down, the bellows of the deep, fire erupting through the cracks in the earth, as it rose and swallowed them, sucking them back down from whence they came, and when my troops saw me, I was a shadow in the shifting light, as the grey ash rose around the scene of chaos...

"Hello, White," I said, "Meet the Everlasting Furie."

CALM THE CARROT DOWN FURIE.

From my perspective, you threw a hissy hit, clawed open one of the manager's vests, and had to be dragged away by a worried Vesuvian. Premonition was laughing in the background, presumably at the fact that Lakota had gotten his headfeathers stuck in a doorframe.

You didn't really stop sulking about the lack of feather mattresses until... well, just before Claire, thankfully when-

-when Lakota-

SHUT IT.

By the way, what do you have to say for yourself?

Sorry?

"The managers had shotguns! There was blood on the doors! I was chained down! I freed the slaves!"

...shut up. You should be more grateful to have such a hero on your team.

...yeah, you can leave now. Send Lakota in.

Fine, Mrs. Factual. Btw, Mrs. Factual, your facts are boring.

At least I don't turn Skitties into Waillords.

...haven't heard that one before.

Shut up-

Send in Lakota, yeah yeah, heard you the first time, Mrs Factual.

STOP CALLING ME THAT!

Sheesh. Mawiles these days. Can't find a-

YOU CALLED!

GLACK! What the-

DID FURIE TELL YOU TO DO THAT I SWEAR TO ARCEUS THAT MAWILE IS GOING TO EXPERIENCE SOMETHING SHE CAN'T EXAGGERATE-

White?

AND THEN SHE'LL WISH SHE NEVER CROSSED 'MRS. FACTUAL'-

Mrs. Factual?

SHUT UP LAKOTA AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE SLAVE CAMP OF DOOM AND THE DRAGONS OF PIDGEYDOM.

...do I want to know?

SHUT UP AND TALK.

...I'm pretty sure that's a contradiction.

... um.

Well.

I'm guessing the 'slave camp' has something to do with Furie's arrival so- oh.

Yes.

Premonition the Evil.

Blood, evilness and pidgeys. Johto really was the nicest region, wasn't it?