Part 10

It was a pretty good battle. Neville evolved almost immediately afterwards.

 Neville evolved almost immediately afterwards

Heh. You definitely loved it, Haedis. I think Neville just wanted to be part of the group.

He's tough for a wimp.

Oi!

What? Half the time he's too scared to let go of whoever's closest to him.

Yep. He was holding onto you when we passed the cave where we spent the night, before we met him. Pointed out a little silver unown.

Imagine that, there were unown in those caves the whole time, and we never saw one.

He's got a knack for seeing the invisible, I suppose.

Well, I'll leave you to your story. Rest of the Johto gyms were practically earthquake-based anyway.

Yep.

So, we battled through Johto! There were plenty of beautiful cities, though nothing as great as Lilycove over in Hoenn, or our home in Kanto. I just wanted to travel, my Pokémon wanted to train, and we all wanted to win-

YOU CALLED!

AAARGH!

Howsit, peeps, you want to hear how I completely devastated those little-

FURIE YOU'RE NOT MEANT TO EXIST YET GO AWAY.

...Haedis said you'd just finished talking 'bout the flying gym. So it's my time to shine.

WELL IT'S NOT LEAVE.

Sheesh, I'll just sit here and wait, then.

...spoil anything and I'll strangle you.

Ha! Sure.

...shut up.

Anyway... we went along all the places... and towns... and stuff...

And then you got to Blackthorn City!

FURIE SHUT YOUR TRAP.

Which one?

ALL OF THEM. So, yes, we got to Blackthorn City, and the final gym of Johto! It took barely any time at all. Well, apart from a long trek along the ice path in the middle of a blizzard. That was fun. Luckily, Neville spotted the evil Jynx before she could kill us.

...Allah took down that Jynx with her ultra-weak vine whip. It probably wouldn't have been able to land a hit even if you let it try.

Shut. Your. Traps.

So then we were there, Blackthorn City! Taking on Clair, dragon type gym leader, no challenge to-

Get on with it!

I AM. *ahem* No challenge to Vesuvian's incredible earthquake- or so we thought.

Did you know, most dragon types are also flying types?

We didn't.

*clap clap clap*

SHUT UP.

I didn't say anything, dunderhead.

So, we decided-

That you needed the help of a small, ordinary Pokémon whose life was about to change, as she became the most incredible fighter ever known to-

WE DECIDED (thank you very much for not interrupting me *cough*not*cough*) to head back to Kanto.

Where you decided to catch the most extraordinary Pokémon-

Where we decided to deliver a deep-sea scale to gym leader Misty.

Wait, where do I come in?

You don't. In fact, you go out. Of this tent. I've got important plot to move forward. LEAVE!

Fine! Sheesh, like some random gym leader counts as 'plot'...

...good, she's gone. *sigh*