Hospital.

It was 3am when Blake heard the news. His phone had been ringing, and he had ignored it each time, but the fourth time he figured whoever was calling him had something important to say. The number wasn't recognised by his phone.
"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Blake Richardson? This is nurse Bernadette from London Bridge Hospital."

"Hospital?"

"Yes, sir. You're listed as one of the emergency contacts for Evelyn Carter-Green." The nurse stated, causing Blake to frown.

"What about her fiancé?"

"He isn't listed, we only have you and her parents, however her parents are currently unavailable." The nurse stated.

"They're in prison, you mean" Blake sighed, rubbing a hand down his face. "Look, I don't really know Evelyn anymore and I'm not really happy about being woken up at 3am to deal with-"

"I don't know if this will change your opinion, sir" The nurse cut Blake off, using a more gentle tone. "But she was rushed to surgery from Accident and Emergency."
Blake's breath hitched, eyes wide. Evie was in surgery? What had happened? Was she dying?

"What?" He questioned, his voice high pitched.

"Sir, you should probably get here right away"

"I'm- I'm coming" Blake hung up and quickly climbed out of bed, waking Rocha, who frowned up at him.

"Blake, where are you going? What's wrong?"

"Evie" he whimpered, much like a pained dog. "She's in surgery. I need to get there"
Blake quickly changed, not really caring that he was in the same room as Rocha, then ran out of the room. Rocha followed, still dressed from the previous day.

"I'll come with you"

The two rushed out of the apartment, Blake already on the phone with a taxi. The ten minutes they had to wait for the taxi felt like hours to Blake, who was pacing impatiently. "Can this damn taxi just get here already?!" He cried out, kicking the wall.

"Blake, calm down"

"I can't! Evie's in surgery, Rocha, she might die" He exclaimed, turning towards her with teary eyes.

"You don't know that Blake. Calm down, being in a tizzy isn't going to help Evie, is it?" Rocha questioned, gently pulling on his hands and grasping him in a comforting hug, letting him cry into her shoulder in the taxi. "I can't believe it. I was so rude to her last time I saw her, Rocha, she probably hates me, and now she's going to die" he whimpered different sentences like that through the whole of the taxi ride, his leg bouncing up and down in nerves.
The taxi rolled to a stop, and the brunette snapped his vision from his lap to outside. Traffic jam. "How is there a fucking traffic jam at three in the bloody morning?!" Blake cried, desperation filling his tone. "I can't sit here. I have to go" He stated, pressing a button to unlock the Taxi door and jumping out. Rocha and the driver called after him, but he was already running towards the hospital, towards Evie.

Blake cried out in triumph when he reached the hospital and quickly burst into the A&E, shouting "Evelyn Carter-Green, where is she?! I'm here for her! I'm here Evie!"
A lot of people were staring at him, but he just didn't care at this point. His Evie was hurt, he'd make a fool out of himself in front of the queen if it meant getting to see her.

"Sir, are you Blake Richardson?" a nurse questioned, cautiously walking towards him.

"Yes, that's me, where's Evie?" Blake panted, frowning at the nurse who had a pitying look on her face.

"I'm sorry sir-"

"No, don't say it"

"Evelyn Carter-Green was pronounced dead on the operating table at 3:23am"

Blake fell to the ground, the rest of the world blurring around him as the nurses words rebounded in his mind.

Dead on the operating table.

~

lol happy April 1st ;)

The real chapter should be up soon I promise <3

(sorry if I gave anyone a heart attack, the temptation was just too real)