Princess Efie.

"And then the crown!" Nova cheered, placing a plastic Claire's tiara on top of Evie's blonde hair, smiling triumphantly. "Princess Efie! Mirror." Evie stood up and turned around to inspect her new style in the mirror. She was wearing blue denim shorts and a black jersey, with a bright pink tutu skirt over the shorts and a tiara in her hair, which she had let Nova style into a fashionable (note sarcasm) side ponytail. She was also wearing bright princess pink lipstick with matching eyeshadow and nails. To top it all off, she had a bright pink feather boa around her neck. She looked ridiculous, but it was making Nova happy, so she was swallowing her pride and dealing with it. "Wow, thank you Nova! I look as pretty as Sleeping Beauty!" Evie cried enthusiastically, smiling at the little girl who frowned.

"Silly Efie, even you can't be prettier than her. Lunch time!" Nova cheered, running out of her room, calling back "Come on, princess Efie!"

"Thanks, Nova." Evie mumbled, chuckling and shaking her head before following the small girl out the room and down the stairs. "What do you want for lunch?"

"Cheese sandwich!"

"And what music should we have?"

"Shawn Mendes!"

"Alright." Evie chuckled, putting Shawn Mendes on her Spotify before starting to make the two of them lunch. They danced and sung along to the songs, laughing along as they went. Nova even got Evie to unlock her phone and started filming the older girl on Snapchat, which (to Evie's embarrassment), went straight up on her story. She only had Leo, Alick and Chloe on Snapchat but still, she knew they'd laugh at her.

All in all, though, her day was fun and relaxing. Nothing bad had happened, everything was calm, there wasn't anything daunting her mind, all was good. Well, until the doorbell rang.

Ding dong!

"Efie! The door!" Nova called from the lounge, whilst Evie was clearing up their plates.

"I'm going!" Replied Evie, shutting the dishwasher and making her way towards the front door. She was still dressed as a 'princess' (minus the makeup which was making her face itch and the ponytail which was hurting her head) but she didn't mind, because she knew that the person at the door could be one of three people - Chloe, Leo or Alick. Well, or the postman, but he'd already been so she didn't really think it'd be him.
Evie took hold of the lever and pulled it down, swinging the door open and smiling at- what? The blonde felt her heart stop beating. She just stood there, in her princess outfit, staring at the person, mouth agape. Why were they there? What did they want? Surely they weren't there to talk to Evie, were they? No. They must have been visiting a friend and got the wrong address. They can't have been there for her. But why else would Reece Bibby, 1/3 of New Hope Club, be standing at the door?

Evie didn't know what to think - her mind went straight to how the boys never used to have to knock on her door; they all had their own key to her house. The thought made her sad. The boys were strangers to her now, strangers who weren't allowed into her space freely. Evie had to let them in. They used to be so close. They used to have an amazing bond and so much trust, that Evie left her door wide open for them, with all of her treasures on display. But they'd taken a different door, leaving Evie's to slam shut in the wind as the trust she had for them shattered into a million tiny pieces. However, it worked in two ways. The boys trust for her had broken too.

Evie jumped slightly when she felt little arms cling onto her leg and looked down to see Nova staring up at the guest with wide eyes, hiding half her body behind Evie's right leg. Evie put her hand on the top of Nova's head and stroked her hair, letting her know that it was alright.
"Oh God, I mean- that's not like your secret daughter, is it?"