Liar Liar.

When Evie was younger, she was caught out stealing money from her parents. It wasn't a lot of money, only £50 (that wasn't a lot of money for the Carter-Greens back then), which she needed to go to the theme park with Blake, George and Reece. She did have enough money, but had smashed a teacher's car window and had to pay for repairs (long story). Evie had been wanting to go to the theme park for ages and Reece's mum had agreed to drive them, so Evie was not going to miss that opportunity. The last time she'd gone to a theme park, she'd been 10 and hadn't been tall enough for any of the rides. But she was 15 then and had reached 5'4, which was tall enough. Hopefully.
She remembered getting to her father's wallet and opening it delicately, determined not to make a noise, then quickly rifling through the notes, pulling out two 20s and a 10. That would be enough for entry and food, right?
Evie gently shut the wallet and turned around to leave, coming face-to-face with her father who was standing in the doorway.
The look her father gave her was the same one which fell onto Reece's face. A look of 'I know what you've done, I'm not blind, what are you going to do about it?'
The same feeling of anxiousness and guilt flooded Evie's stomach. The same defense system took over.
"You're accusing me of lying?" The blonde questioned, tone angry, raising her eyebrows and placing a hand on her chest. Reece didn't reply. He didn't have the chance to, but even if he did, he wouldn't have said anything because that's exactly what he was doing. "You might not have said it in those words but you implied it. Is that what your goal here is? Did you come here just to call me a filthy liar, Reece?" Scoffed Evie, letting her green eyes stare coldly into his.

"Evie, you need to calm down." Reece soothed, reaching out a steady hand, knowing he'd made a mistake by telling the blonde to calm down but hoping, praying that she'd listen, which was useless. He knew that she wouldn't. He knew that she never reacted well to being told to calm down. A scornful smile crossed the girl's lips as she shook her head at the boy.
"No. No. Don't you dare tell me to calm down!" Evie shot up from the sofa, pointing an accusing finger at Reece, who sat up slightly. "You walked into my house and accused me of lying, now you want me to calm down?!" The green-eyed girl started to pace, occasionally glaring at Reece as she spoke, her hands tangling in the blonde hair on both sides of her face. "God, what else do you want? Want me to move back to America? Want me to get out of your life completely? You obviously have something against me or-"
Reece stood up and took hold of Evie's arms, turning the blonde gently towards him.

"Evie, please. I know you're angry, but you're working yourself up. I never said what you're accusing me of saying. I don't want any of the things you're accusing me of wanting. All I want is for you to answer my question," Reece stared softly into Evie's green eyes, trying to catch her gaze as they darted around the room. She was tense in his arms, her jaw clenched, arms still raised, breathing heavily. Reece let his hands travel up her forearms to her hands, carefully taking hold of them and bringing them away from her head, placing them by her sides and taking hold of her wrists. "Evie-"

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't know what you want me to say."

"Oh I think you do, Evie," Reece replied, in a firm tone, narrowing his eyes at the blonde - not harshly, but disappointingly. That was almost worse. "I think you know very well what I'm talking about."Evie's green eyes were wide with panic at the accusation, now fixed onto Reece's rather than zipping around the room. Her mind drifted in that moment, as tears flooded her eyes. She thought back to the first time Reece had ever seen her cry. It was after she'd had one of the biggest fights with her dad, when she was 13. Her father had wound her up to the point of an IED attack...

Evie had shouted and screamed at her father, who shouted and screamed back, insulting the blonde so badly that she punched her father in the chest. He glared at his daughter as he took her top in his hand and pushed her back against the wall, hissing that she'd be sorry if she ever dared to do anything like it again, before leaving. Her mother, Yvonne, emerged from the kitchen and walked slowly over to 13-year-old Evie, who was leaning against the wall, staring at the floor. The woman asked her daughter why she acted so badly towards her father, and Evie told her mother that her father set off her IED. Yvonne told her that she needed to stop using a condition she didn't have as an excuse for her behaviour. That made everything worse.
Evie ran away and left the house in tears. She didn't know where she was going. She just knew that she needed to get out. But it turned out that she didn't need to know where she was going - Reece was walking to her house to get the jumper he'd left there the previous day. She crashed right into him, stuttering an apology before recognising who it was she had bumped into. Evie looked down and wiped her eyes quickly - she had never cried in front of Reece before. She had in front of George, and Blake, but never Reece; she wasn't as close to him as she was the other two. She didn't know how he'd react.
"Hey Evie, are you... are you crying?" Reece questioned, placing his hands on Evie's shoulders. The blonde girl looked up at him, big green eyes filled with tears, and nodded, mumbling out an explanation as she knew he'd asked for one. Reece sighed, his heart aching for his friend, and pulled her into a hug, letting her cry on his shoulder, stroking her blonde hair to calm her down.
When she eventually had, he attempted to cheer her up by asking her to go to Blake's house with him and she agreed, but asked him not to say anything about the fight to the other boys. She wasn't ready to tell them about what had happened, she was scared that they would judge her for hitting her father. Reece had promised that he would keep it to himself and Evie could tell the other two if and when she was ready. Reece had kept that promise.