CHAPTER 14

"Ah..." Princess Aloysia began to scream when she realized she was in mid-air but Miriam quickly snapped her fingers at her and her voice was gone. She was screaming her lungs out but no sound came out from her mouth.

What have you done to my voice? She said but since her voice was still inaudible, Miriam read her lips.

"I have muted it, you can scream as much as you want, but no one will hear you."

Are you going to kill me? She mouthed.

"No! Don't be ridiculous, I'm just trying to scare you with the truth about the prince and I. You might love him with all your heart, but there's no way he'll ever love you the same way you do him."

Why? A tear dropped from her eye

"Because his heart is mine, he is my soulmate and we're meant to be together in this life and the next. And this is a prophecy. The only way you can break this prophecy is if you kill me."

I don't think I love him that much to even think of killing you.

"Is that so? Well I think you do, so that's why I am warning you, stay away from him, because you can't kill me and you can't steal his heart. Goodnight." She hopped into the bed and slowly lowered the princess unto the ground.

"How did you know that I am in love with him?" she asked once Miriam returned her voice to her.

"You're not a sorcerer so I can read your thoughts easily." She mumbled, gradually drifting away.

"I thought as much." She fell onto the bed and tears began to flow down toward her ear and onto the bed as she cried herself to sleep. The next morning they both woke up and went about their morning routine quietly, none dared to utter a word to the other. Princess Aloysia was able to dress up early enough to leave the room just before Miriam began taking her bath.

"Alby! Please I need to see you." She banged on the door of the guy's room.

"What is it?" He finally came after she was tired of banging on the door and threatened to break it down.

"Miriam threaten to kill me."

"She did what?" he rubbed his eyes and yawned

"She threaten to kill me because she suspects that..." Her cheeks flushed when she realized what she was about to say so she stop and looked down shyly.

"Suspects that...?" He said waiting for her to continue.

"Can you read minds too?" She fidgeted with her fingers nervously.

"No, only some sorcerers can do that, it's like a special skill or talent. Did Miriam read your mind?" He used his finger to lift his chin up so that her eyes were locked in with his.

"Yes and she thinks that I am in love with you." She gathered courage and spoke but in the end her voice began diminishing until the last word was just a whisper.

"Hmm, okay stay here, I'll go and take care of that." He yawned again then he tapped her shoulder reassuring her. He headed towards the girls room stretching out every five steps he took.

"Miri? Can I come in?" He knocked on the door when he finally got there.

"Of course." He slowly opened the door and entered. She walked up to him and kissed his cheek

"How are you faring, my love."

"I'm good, just one trivial issue is bothering me and I am sure it's a joke."

"Okay, indulge me." She sat down on the bed and tapped it indicating that he should also take a seat.

"The princess came running to me this morning that you threaten to end her because you think she has a thing for me, I just wanted to know how true it is."

"Well, that's a lie." She said blatantly and chuckled.

"Then what did you tell her." He enquired further

"I simply to her the harsh, hard truth about us." She smiled and held his hand.

"And how did you tell her?" He smirked.

"I might have given her the impression of a threat with some magic tricks."

"Miri, I believe you've gone too far this time." He pulled closer to her staring right deep into her eyes.

"I have?" She said shakily.

"Yes, and I am rather disappointed that you did that."

"My love, it wasn't that bad, it was just a little scare."

"Well, you've managed to scare the girl out of her wits."

"My love..."

"Don't do that. You've gone far this time, there is no need for you to be jealous of anyone yet time again you end up..."

"I am sorry." She quickly apologized to prevent the issue from riling up.

"I am not the one you should be apologizing to. You know I love you with all my heart yet you continue to hurt me by doing these things." He said and she broke into tears.

"I am sorry for hurting you." She sniffled and wiped the tears from her eye.

"Don't worry about it. Placare." He said while touching her forehead with his index and middle finger placed together and she immediately stopped crying.

"Alby, we talked about your pacifying spell."

"Sorry, I forgot, I just hate to see you crying." He gave an innocuous smile and scratched his head.

"Don't fret."

"Miri, I want you to apologize to her, before we leave this place."

"I will." She said and kissed his cheek just before he left.

"And get ready because we'll be leaving soon."

"Sure."

"I am sorry." The word flowed out of her mouth as soon as she entered the room.

"Pardon me."

"I am sorry for scaring you and threatening you, it won't happen again and I hope we can be good friends someday."

"Okay. That's good." She finished packing her things and left the room. She meet Albrecht at the lobby with sir Evans.

"Where is my angel?" Albrecht asked Lady Aloysia.

"The devil is still packing you'll have to wait a while." She said with much disdain

"I really wish that the two of you will just make up and become best friends."

"That is never going to happen." She smirked at him.

"I'm ready now, can we go?" She said to them as she walked into the lobby and they all stood up, went into their carriage and set off for Einvor.