Chapter 12

"Why, hello, isn't it funny meeting you here?" He said with a evil smile.

The "he" is David Campbell. Our real father. Our mom left him because he beat all of us. He did that for the first 10 years of my life. I'm 13 now and Anna's 14 and he still sends us threatening messages.

He grabbed our arms and tried to grab us. Anna kicked him where the sun don't shine.

He doubled over and groaned in pain.

"How bad did it hurt, 'dad'?" Anna smirked and we took off running. With how hard Anna kicked him, he should be on the ground for a good 10 minutes. Enough time for us to get home.

Knowing dad though, he has people following us. They won't attack, but they will stalk us to find out where we're going.

We both had tears running down our faces. We couldn't let him know he scared us. Then he would win.

We weren't gonna tell our mom and step-dad. No. We ran straight to Hayes house and knocked on the door furiously. Our dad's gang would come and get us if we stood here long enough. Matthew opened the door and he saw our faces. He immediately let us in knowing something was wrong. I ran straight into Hayes' arms and Anna ran straight into Nash's. They carried us over to the couch and asked what was wrong. We just kept crying.

"What's wrong?" Skylynn's voice. We finally calmed down and spoke.

"We need to tell you something."