o n e

i v o r y

I sat under a tree, waiting for the rain to stop. From the looks of it, it didn't look like it would any time soon.

So I made a run for it.

I shielded my canvas, brushes, and phone under my jacket.

I could care less if I got wet, painting and my vine was basically my life.

I could dry off. If they got wet, they were ruined.

After 5 minutes of straight running, I burst through the door of my 2 story home, looking for my father.

"Aw look at the wet dog." I heard Kaylee, Arielle's annoying ass friend, snicker.

"Sorry we can't all be rich, pampered brats." I snapped and marched up the stairs before stopping midway, "Where's my dad?"

"A business trip." Arielle simply said, "Now go make us some snacks."

"Hell no." I said and turned back around, not stopping until I got to my room. I closed my door and slid down it, sighing. Where did all that confidence come from? Obviously it's my undeniable crush on Hayes, I wanted to show off.

I put on a fresh pair of leggings and one of my dad's old shirts, sniffing it.

It's smells exactly like him, just wish he was around more often.

"Panda!" I yelled, "Panda!" I kept calling my precious cat's name all the way down the stairs.

"SHUT YOUR TRAP!" Arielle yelled.

"Sorry for wanting my cat. You do understand you don't run this house right?" I sassed, putting my hands on my hips. I heard a faint chuckle behind me. Hayes.

He was the only one who would laugh with me, not at me.

"Oh my gosh, the stupid ball of fur is right there." Arielle pointed with her obviously fake nail towards the television, "No wonder you can't get a boyfriend, look at how you dress and act."

"It's a wonder you can get a boyfriend! With you looking like you smashed your face in a cake, the obviously fake nails, and the ugly personality."

"I can't help I'm what guys want!" By this time, Arielle was in front of me, looking furious. Everyone else was leaning forward, waiting to see what happened next.

I laughed, "Hun, guys want real, not whatever you are. You just go after all the fuckboys, who would go after anyone with a vagina." With that, I grabbed my cat and went out to the patio.

"Why can't they just be nice for once, Panda?" I asked as I lay back in my lawn chair, Panda curled in my neck.

"@ivoryflores: how about a q & slay for you all? #askivory (yes I just made a Tyler Oakley reference)", I tweeted. Questions with the hashtag Ask Ivory came flowing in almost instantly.

"Do you know the Grier family? I mean, y'all live in the same city.."

I laughed and replied, "I know Hayes, I've never met his family though. Should I meet @Nashgrier and make a couple vines?"

"Tips on how to become a popular Viner?"

"Be yourself and think outside the box. Also, make some friends on there and do some collabs with them!"

I heard the patio door open and looked over to see who was out here with me.

"Hayes?"

"Hey." He smiled, "How are you?"

"U-Um good, you?" Wow, good job Ivory. Just keep on stuttering.

"Great! Can I ask you something cupcake?" Cupcake? "Cupcake is what I'm calling you from now on."

"Uh sure?" I replied nervously.

"Why do you let them treat you like that?"

"Because I could care less. I don't like to focus on the big things in life, I like focusing on the small details. Like how Karma is gonna kick their asses one day, and it'll just get a little push from me if I have to."

"I like your outlook on life cupcake."