Chapter 2

--Christmas Eve--

Sooner or later we arrived in North Carolina. Anna and I got out of the car and stretched our legs. We were going to put our bags in our grandmas house in her guest bedroom, then we were leaving to go see our grandma, who we call Granny, in the hospital.

We drive to the hospital and it's about a 10 minute drive, so we were there pretty soon. We went through the main lobby, up the elevator to the 4th floor, and we went to room 407. We knocked on the door and Granny said come in. We walked in and she said hi and I wasn't expecting you.

"We decided to surprise you!" Anna and I said together.

"Well, thank you! I love you girls so much!" Granny said. We said love you too. We stayed for another hour and a half and it was 9:00. Visiting hours were over that means, so we went home to Granny's house and went to sleep since Anna and I were tired.

---Skip Christmas Day---Day After Christmas---

It was 12:00 on a Saturday morning and I had nothing to do in this small town. What can you do on a freezing cold day in a sorta unfamiliar town, the day after Christmas? I'm gonna go to the mall!

"ANNA! YOU WANNA GO TO THE MALL?!" I yelled to Anna.

"SURE!" She yelled back.

"KAY!" I walked downstairs to find mama. I finally found her in the kitchen with my aunts and papa.

"Mommy, would you please take Anna and I to the mall?" I asked with my best puppy dog eyes. She sighed and I knew that meant yes. She pointed towards the stairs saying go get ready. I ran up the stairs to tell Anna, but she already knew. So she went to her room and I went to mine. I looked threw my suitcase and pulled out black boots, black jeggings, and a sweatshirt with my Drake Waterfowl jacket on top of it. I went to see if Anna was ready and she was wearing the exact same thing except with blue jeans and gray Uggs. We walked down stairs and got into the car. My mom plugged in the GPS and put in the address and we were off. It took about 30 minutes to get there. We pulled into the parking lot and mama shoved $100 dollars in each of our hands. We stared down at the money in shock. She just waved goodbye, smiled, and drove off.

We walked into the mall and straight in Forever 21. We knew we would probably need a dress and shoes for New Years so we went straight there first. I got a high low, nice, easy dress with a buckle and some T-strap sandals. Anna got a sweet side crochet lace dress with some braided boho sandals. We payed and walked out of the store and into Hollister, when I bumped into someone and we both fell down. I looked up and there sat Hayes Grier. We looked at each other and he smiled lightly.

"Hi." He said.

"Hi." I blushed and got up. I helped Hayes up and he asked me my name. I told him.

"Well, Ivory would you like to hang out? We can let Nash and..." He trailed off not knowing Anna's name.

"Anna, her sister." She filled in.

"Thanks. So would you like to hang out?" Hayes asked me. I replied sure and we were off to Lids. The first store we're going to together. Today will be awesome.

--------------------

I update again! Two updates in one night so far. I'll try to update more!!

-teenage.wasteland