p r o l o g u e

i v o r y

I stared at my canvas, paint brush in hand, contemplating what I wanted to create. Painting to me was like the fairytale stories my mom would make up when she used to tuck me in. I could create whatever I wanted, make my own fantasy world. Unfortunately, I couldn't live there.

"Ivory!" I heard the screech of my stepsister. I sighed, setting down my paint brush and rushing downstairs to see what the queen of the house wanted.

"Yes your highness?" I asked sarcastically and even put a bow in there just to piss her off.

"Don't speak to me like that!" She scoffed and continued to paint her nails a nice shade of purple. I need to get that shade for paint.

"How can I help you Arielle?" I mentally rolled my eyes.

"My friends will be here in about 10 minutes, go fix some snacks." I just simply walked in the kitchen, not in the mood for an argument. I put some ham and cheese rolls on a tray, along with strawberries, cherries, and chips and dip. I walked out and set it on the coffee table, along with a pitcher of water, and 10 cups.

"Ugh, I need 11 cups!" Arielle screeched, "Bryan is bringing his friend Hayes along."

I brought out another cup and basically slammed it on the table. When I went back to bring out some coasters, I slammed into a body, and landed flat on my butt. Laughter erupted around the room. I was waiting to be yelled at by the person I ran into, but that didn't happen.

"Sorry." I whispered.

"No, don't be."  A male voice spoke. I looked up and saw a person whose looks and charms made my heart stop.