Chapter 13

Bella POV:

*flashback*
I was walking down the street as a 9 year old child with her parents. I saw something in a window that caught my eye. So I walked to the display in the window, leaving my parents side. They didn't notice that I walked away, but as I walked up, a man stood next to me. He looked really familiar and I got this feeling of an old friend. I remember I saw in a family picture from the  house before we left. He was my mom's old best friend and I haven't seen him in years. I was staring at him, but he didn't seem to notice.
"You know kid I miss you and your mom." He sighed and looked down at me. It's been years and he still looks exactly the same. He looks back to what is in front of him and smiles softly but it goes away as if it were a ghost upon his lips.
"I know you probably don't really remember me... I know I haven't been around and I know I don't owe you an explanation, but just know I'll always love you and watch over you. I can promise you that. I won't let anything bad happen too you." I looked up at him appraisingly and then I heard my dad yell my name and I looked in the direction it was coming from. I looked back expecting him to still be there, but he seemed to have disappeared. I looked around confused and dazed and then I felt someone grab me. I soon realized it was my dad and he was hugging me worried and scared that I was lost or taken. I was in his arms still looking around for the person that just confessed to me.
*End of flashback*

"Bella? How do you know him?" I looked to Tanya and then I looked back to Niko.
"I remember now...I remember." I whispered and Tanya looked to me with confusion written on her face. "What do you mean you remember him? How in the hell do you know him Bella?" She practically demanded for me to answer her. I looked to Niko again feeling stuck.
"Tell me what you remember from me, Bella." They both looked to me expectantly and I feel defeated. I sigh and look this Niko in the eye as i explained what i remembered of him.

"I remember when I was nine or so and I was with my parents and I walked away to look at a shop window and then you showed up. You weren't really even looking at me, but you said you promised that you would protect me... and... that you would make sure nothing bad happened too me. So why do you show up now?"
"Because you found yourself in some trouble and I would have helped you, but it seems that Tanya here didn't want that."
He glared at Tanya and then she growled at him in return.
"Wait. You two have met before today?"
"Yes." They answered simultaneously as they both glared at each other.
"Okay, then explain." I looked to both of them and then Tanya finally spoke up.
"The night when we first met and when I stayed over, I smelled another presence in your room that wasn't yours or your fathers. So when I had the time too I tracked him and confronted him, but he completely ignored me and took off and I kept smelling his scent around the area afterwards. After months on end I finally see him today at the graduation. I saw him looking at you and I got angry and I let my anger get the best of me. I'm sorry Bella."
"I know when you saw me I tried my best to make you want to hate me because I'm dangerous and then when I followed you guys into the forest I knew it was too late to save you."
I nod at both answers I just received.
"Bella I've always loved you ever since you were born. The first time I held you I knew I would do anything I can for you. It was more of a fatherly instinct or bond as some say. I was pained that I wasn't able to talk with you and just be there while you grew up. I do have to admit you have a good mate there. I know she can protect you and that she will do whatever she can to keep you from harm. But I also realized that you can take care of yourself... I would love to be able to catch up with you whenever you can."
I'm really tempted to just give the man a hug, so I gave into that desire. I slowly walked to him and I was enveloped into a comforting hug. I felt so at home, more than I did with Charlie when I hugged him. It was weird... it was different and it felt good.
I heard Tanya clear her throat and we released and I flashed to her side and wrapped my arm around her waist then kissed her cheek.
"After today we are moving to Alaska with her coven." Tanya nudged me. I laughed at her and shook my head.
"I meant 'our' coven"
He chuckled at us.
"Would you mind Tanya if I tagged along?"
I looked at her as she glowered towards him and then she looked at me and her face softened. She caressed my cheek and softly kissed me then turned to look back to Niko.
"You can join us for as long as you'd like."
"Thank you Tanya. I appreciate you. Thank you."
"Mmhmm... just don't make me regret my decision."
She stands tall with authority as she stares him down. He nods and looks towards me.
"Alright let's, uh, go back to the house to finish packing the truck. And then we are out of here."

We got back to the house and we packed up the last few boxes into the truck. I said my last goodbyes to my dad and the rest of the family, then we were in our way.
I never thought driving so slowly would be so boring. But we eventually got there the next afternoon.
"Well it seems that we beat our family here." Tanya basically pulled me out of the truck and into the house leaving Niko behind.
She gave me a tour of the house and her room.
This is the best idea ever!