Sleepover

Mia's POV

I immediately regretted zoning off this morning. This whole night is going to be horrible, I could already feel it.

"Hey! I'm just on time!" Nicole says while handing me one of her many bags.

Before I could even speak, she was inside, her bags and everything.

"Umm, wait right here." I said as I placed down her "Pink"duffle bag.

I awkwardly walked back into the kitchen, Papa and Dad were wondering who was here.

"Who's at the door?" Dad asked as Papa leaned his head towards the door.

"This girl, I mean my friend, Nicole... I forgot to ask, can she like spend the night?" I cringed as I spoke.

I never thought of having Nicole over, ever. She was just so, you know, that person, and I just wasn't... We weren't such a great match, and I really just wished she would just leave.

"Well I was thinking that we could have a family night tonight, you know? But since she's already here, I guess, you might as well have fun." responded Dad.

"Okay, thanks." I said and hesitated to walk back to the door.

Fun? I rolled my eyes as I guided myself back to the front door, where Nicole was waiting. As soon as she saw me, the fakest smile came across her face.

"We're going to have so much fun!!" She squealed.

"Yeah...! Um, let's go upstairs, to my room." I replied while helping her with her bags.

We carried her what it seemed like, 30 bags up the stairs to my room, and I shut the door behind us. Nicole looked around my room, with a "not so amazed" expression on her face.

"Wow. I expected your room to be so much more, exciting..." Nicole said. "Not to be rude." She added.

"Were you expecting a princess's royal suite? If you were, sorry, but you're not in the right place." I responded with as little sass as I could possibly add.

"Oh, no, it's great." She replied with a smile.

I could tell she was trying to "get along" with me. We didn't even finish placing down her belongings until she asked,

"So, where are Justin and Raegan? Are they home?"

I knew it. She was only here for my parents, to get close to them instead of me.

"Oh, they're not going to be here tonight. You know, important business." I lied.

Just as I finished speaking, of course, my door opened. Standing there was Papa, Raegan.

"You sure?" Nicole asked while looking at Raegan, then looking back at me.

"I just wanted to introduce myself." Papa started as he let himself into my room.

Nicole's face lit up, her plan was already going as planned.

"Hi, I'm Nicole!" She gleefully said while walking towards him.

I zoned off as they had a conversation, and Nicole was trying her hardest not to go on complete "fangirl mode". I was pretty annoyed with her so I just decided to text in my group chat with Brandie, Mason, Aiden, and I. We are all still very close.

"O.G Squad🦄🙈"

Mia: someone save me, biggest drama queen at my house rn. Using me for my parents :/

Brandie: you got yourself in the situation, you gotta get yourself out of it too. I feel bad for you tho

Aiden: who?