Chapter Twenty.

We go in a little more and sit down and talk quietly about what to do.

"So, how is this going down?" I ask and put my hand on Brad's knee. Who was sitting on the other side of me. He was facing the side my back was facing and i was facing the side his back was facing. We could see each others faces.

"Well, we will crawl through here and look down to see if there is any safe place. Once we do we go down and start to look. Hiding of course. We find that safe box and put the combo in, which you have. When we get it, we come back here and leave through that window. If all else fails, we're fucked." He says in my ear lowly.

I nod, "let's get this shit done."

He nods, "agreed." I guess he could tell my nerves were bad, because he kisses me again.

Crawling through the vents, we look down occasionally. We get to a point where when i put my hand down, the vents would creek, "shit. They're close by too."

"Crawl at the sides of the vent babe. It'll stop the creeks."

I do as said and sure enough it stops the creeks.

We crawl for maybe a few hours, but i find this room that is all black, in the center of the room was a safe box. I stop Brad, he sees what i'm looking at and looks down too.

"Here it is."
"Yup. Do it."
The man puts a cassette tape in the white safe box.

Wow, very disguised, huh?

"Alright, we should be safe."

They make sure it's locked and leave.

I look at Brad and smile, "there it is."
"Mhm, now we need to get down from here, and the only way to do that is to jump and fall."
"Is the floor squishy?"
"No, i heard their footsteps."
I huff, "let's jump."

I open the vent, which wasn't hard at all, and set the vent aside.
"I'll go first," Brad says, "i'll catch you."
I nod, "be careful."
"Always."

He lowers himself down, he lets himself fall and i hear him ever so lightly fall to the ground and hardly make a sound. He looks up and i lower myself, and drop.

I fall and feel arks around me before i could hit the ground, "the best part, we're wearing black. We match the place.

He nods and we go to the safe. I pull out my phone, "this is so easy."

"I forgot something in the room! Hold your shit!!" We hear. We look at each other wide eyed and Brad draws his gun while i quickly open the safe.

"39-5-31." I say out loud, i pass the 5 and go to 10, "shit!!"

I reset it and try again, "39-FIVE-31."

I pull the door open and see a cassette tape, it was in a little plastic cover to protect it. I grab it and turn to Brad. He looks at me and the door opens. We run to a wall before anything could happen and press our fronts to the wall. We pull our hoods up and cover our hands with our sleeves on our sweatshirts.

We hear rummaging and his voice, "HOLY SHIT!! ROB! THE TAPE! IT'S GONE!!"

I hear fast footsteps and silence, "Babe! You didn't close the safe?!" He whisper shouts at me. "I'm sorry! I was under pressure! And we had seconds before we would get caught."
"It's okay, i know. But still, make sure you close it. Come on, draw your gun and shoot anything that gets in your way.

I draw my gun and walk to the door with him, he walks out and i look out after him. He looks at me and nudges his head, i walk out and raise my gun.

"Where do we go?"

"We need a different exit, they know we're here."

"RANSACK THE FUCKING PLACE!" I hear someone scream, i then hear loud bangs and thuds.

"We need cover!"

"Uh.." We say, "over there!"

We run to a closet and i open the door, we go in and i close and lock the door. We sit on the ground.

My breath becomes quick, i look at Brad, "i'm so sorry."
"It's fine baby. It's fine, we're fine. Everything is fine." He grabs my hand and rubs soothing circles in the skin.

I lick my lips, "it's hot in here."

"I know, bear with it though. We'll be out soon."

I look over, it being almost pitch black, but still see a roll of duct tape. I pick it up and observe it. Brad looks at me, i look at him and grab the cassette tape. I lift the left pant leg and tell Brad to hold the cassette tape for a little.
"Wait, put it on my leg."
I chuckle, "and risk leg hair being pulled out? I have no hair, better than having hair."

I take some tape and Brad puts it on my leg, i wrap the tape around my leg and rip it. I do this in the top and bottom of the cassette tape.

When done, i put it the way i found it and gulp, "good thinking baby."
"Thanks." I paint, it's really hot in here.