Chapter 23

Warnings: Small amount of blood

~Jerome's P.O.V.~

     The tears that had been help captive in Rob's eyes finally fall free, and dissapear into the ground the second they hit it. Rob's hopeless smile is replaced with a look of pure confusion as his eyes scan over us, the wheels in his head turning. He opens his mouth, and I can sense the stream of questions about to be released. Preston does too, so he simply puts a finger to Rob's lips, causing him to close his mouth.

     "Shhhhh. Yes, we're supposed to be dead. And yes, we're going to explain everything to you. Then you can ask questions. Vikk?" Preston calls over his shoulder, Vikk stepping forward as Preston draws back from Rob.
     "Alright Robbie, listen up."

~~~

     "...and so here we are!"

     After Vikk delivers his speech, which has grown increasingly larger every person that has been revived, Rob stands there silent for a few seconds. Then, he nods very slowly, his brows furrowed.

     "If you weren't standing in front of me, I wouldn't have believed you. But... Since you're all here... I guess I have to, don't I?" Rob chuckles.
"You better believe it dude, we've been through a lot of crap trying to revive everyone." Lachlan snorts, mainly referring to himself and Vikk, but the rest of us too.
"And Rob guess what!" Preston yells.
"What?"
"We finally made it to the middle of the Lost Woods, after all this time! I mean... You never really got to find out for yourself but... It's still pretty awesome!"

Rob's eyes widen, and just now he seems to realize where he is. He smiles widely.

"That's great, Preston! But um... How do we get out now?"
"Easy." I reply offhandedly, "We just walk back into the woods and turn a random direction. It should lead us right back at the entrance."
"Good thinking Jerome." Vikk commends. "Here Rob, take some stuff."

And then the five of us proceed to share some of our stuff with him, giving him anything he'd need to survive, as well as a cloak.

"Then I think our next order of operations..." Mitch trails on, turning to face Rob. "Is re discovering your powers."
Rob blinks. "I remember my power, I just can't remember my ability."
     "Really? What is it?" Mitch asks, eyes wide in surprise.
     "I ca-"
     "Wait!" Preston cuts it, drawing our attention. "Why don't you just show us in a little sparring match? Then maybe you'll remember your ability too!" Preston suggests.
     "That's actually not a bad idea, Preston." I state in an agreeing way. "If we're going to beat Herobrine, we'll need the practice anyways."
     "Alright then, it's settled. We'll have a little fighting match, then we'll get outta here and go kick Herobrine's butt!" Vikk declares, smashing his fist into his palm.

     And on that note, the six of us spread out to the edges of the clearing, creating an equal space between all of us. Once we reach our positions, Vikk cups his hands over his mouth.

     "EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF. EXCEPT LACHLAN, DON'T SHOOT AT PRESTON. YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY KILL HIM. OKAY, EVERYBODY READY?!"
     "READY!" The five of us shout in perfect unison.

     I shiver in anticipation. Who knows who's long it's been since our last sparring match? And what's nice about this is we aren't actually trying to kill each other.

     "THREE."

     I sink into a fighting stance, making sure I have Betty hanging by my side, in case of close combat.

     "TWO."

     My legs tense, and I prepare to charge. Now who should I go for first? I ponder my eyes scanning over everyone.