Chapter 31

Note: This will be a longer chapter

Warnings: Violence, deaths, blood, gore, censored swear, you get the point. Probably wouldn't read if you're too squeamish... But for those who can take it, enjoy :)

(For those who decide to skip, I'll put a short summary of the fight at the bottom of the chapter)

~3rd P.O.V.~

     While the dark versions take a moment to catch their breath, Preston, Rob, Lachlan, Vikk, Jerome, and Mitch all switch places. Mitch and Jerome, being the closest, pass up by each other as quickly as they can. Now it's Mitch against DJerome and Jerome against DMitch. Using common sense, Lachlan scrambles away from DLachlan, dragging himself over to DPreston. Preston takes the place of Rob, pairing himself up with DRob. As Vikk moves to take on DLachlan, Rob replaces him, facing off against DVikk. Now the matchings are:

Mitch vs DJerome
Jerome vs DMitch
Lachlan vs DPreston
Vikk vs DLachlan
Rob vs DVikk
and
Preston vs DRob.

     All twelve of them take a good thirty seconds to regain their composure and stare down their new opponents. And then... Mitch makes the first move. (P.s. Keep in mind all the fights happen at the same time)

Mitch whips out his bow, the weapon materializing in his hands. Pulling back the string, and arrow appears and he shoots the light arrow directly at DJerome, just as everyone spreads out to deal with their own fights. DJerome, its hollow black eyes narrowing, ducks under the arrow with a growl. It furiously raises its axe above his head, rushing towards Mitch with an earsplitting roar. Mitch smiles. He can tell DJerome's attacks are powerful, but it uses them with no strategy or planning, unlike the real Jerome. The axe swings down towards Mitch's head -predictable- and Mitch easily sidesteps, pivoting and kneeing DJerome in the jaw. DJerome snarls in rage, dropping the axe, and shooting a close range shadowball directly at Mitch. Mitch's eyes widen, and he barley manages to drop to the ground before the shadows strikes him squarely in the chest. Okay... Maybe I underestimated it a little... Mitch realizes, scowling and catching DJerome's fist, before it can connect with his temple. But nonetheless, for the most part Mitch can block or dodge most of DJerome's attacks. And from its previous wrestling with Jerome, DJerome is wearing out. Fast.

     DJerome yelps in pain as Mitch sweeps its feet out, and elbow drops it with all his weight. With a whimper, DJerome coughs, small amounts of blood spurting out. Mitch leaves room for no mercy, immediately following up by whipping out his sword, and slashing across DJeromes thighs, rendering it unable to stand- let alone attack- on the ground. DJerome howls in pain, desperately launching shadow balls in every which direction. Mitch grunts, ducking under, impaling, and slicing the shadows in order to reach DJerome, flailing on the ground. But it's not long before he pulls back an arrow at full strength, and the arrow streaks forward, sinking into DJerome's skull with a sickening crack. DJerome instantly falls limp, and Mitch watches caked in blood, sweat, and dirt as DJerome's body hits the ground, and vanishes in a cloud of black smoke. Exhausted, Mitch slumps down on the ground, and tries to regain his breath.

DRob grunts in frustration, being forced to jump back as Preston nears it, at an obvious disadvantage due to the sweltering heat of Preston's skin. I can't let him get too close... DRob concludes, trying to trip Preston with grass. The grass burns instantly. DRobs eyes widen as it sees a pillar of fire heading directly for its face. It rolls to the side, hissing in pain at the heat burns it... Even though it doesn't touch it. It pushes itself back to its feet, nimbly lashing out its vines in attempt to grab Preston. Do DRob's delight, it manages to catch Preston fairly quickly, and hoist him in the air. With all its might, DRob slams Preston back down onto the ground beside itself, vines squashing him on the ground. He grunts in pain, glaring daggers at DRob out of the corner of his eye.