Chapter 15

Warnings: None

~Mitch's P.O.V.~

     "So... Just to make sure, we're all on the same page?"
     "Page?" I exclaim, "We're not even in the same library!"

After just barley escaping the Nether, getting a fair way from Hillford, finding new recourses, and crafting new tools, Vikk took the liberty of explaining things to me. Obviously you can see how that went.

"What don't you understand?" Vikk asks calmly, willing to re explain anything.
I shake my head, "I heard everything you said... It's just... A lot to take in at once y'know?" I continue, "I mean it's only been what, a few weeks since we've started being received? You guys have already almost died multiple times, got through an ocean monument, been through a few villages without being caught, fought off assassins, manage to evade Herobrine, and got in and out of the Nether successfully! And then there's this whole prophecy thing... And now we need to go find either Preston or Rob in what we figure out to be a desert temple- according to said prophecy. I... Just need a minute to process this." I finish, rubbing my temples as a throbbing headache starts to form.

Jerome, Lachlan, and Vikk nod, letting me have my space to think. Breathing deeply, I let the stack of new information sort through my brain, while the other three talk amongst themselves quietly.

In the background I can just pick up the sound of Jerome running a rock along the edge of his diamond axe, Betty. When we went to collect resources, we mostly focused on food and wood. Lachlan, Vikk, and Jerome had smuggled some of the diamonds and iron off of the minecarts, which we used to craft advanced weaponry and armour. Now Vikk, Lachlan, and I each have a diamond sword, Jerome having Betty. Each of us has a full set of iron armour, a cloak, food, some other miscellaneous items, and a bow. Well... Lachlan doesn't have a bow. Instead he just has two diamond swords, which in all honesty he's pretty good at dual wielding so it's a great advantage. Even if our powers are what we mainly use to attack, it's always useful to have backups.

After a good few minutes, I think I have everything pretty well understood. Think. So with everything under decent control, I stand up from my place on a stump, and make my way over to where Vikk, Lachlan, and Jerome are seated in a small circle.

     "...Brines just toying with us. If he really wanted to, we'd all be dead by now. Or maybe he's not all that he's hyped up to be."
     "He's dangerous Vikk, a killer. You can use a spear as a walking stick, but that won't change its nature." Lachlan lectures.
     "And plus, you guys have already seen him completely level two cities, I'm pretty sure he's legit." Jerome chimes in.
     "Yeah, that's a good point. Oh- Mitch. You got it all now?" Vikk inquires, upon realizing I'm standing behind them.
     "Yep." I confirm, popping the 'p'.
     "So then. Before we head off to find the desert... Why don't we figure out your ability?" Lachlan suggests.
     I shrug. "Fine with me."
"Your power will either be something to do with matter and space and stuff, like mine. Or, it could be related to your body like Lachlan's and Jerome's. Not that it really matter but hey, it's interesting none the less." Vikk explains.
"Let's do this."

~~~

After spending the entire day trying to figure out my ability, we finally came up with an answer. In fact, we even ran a little bit into the night to see if it helped. Which, for the record, it did. For me, my ability is heightened senses. At first we were really confused because we couldn't find anything. But after Jerome suggested we play some mini games like hide and go seek, capture the flag, hunger games, etc., things started fitting together.