PART 21: Self-proclaimed

"Where's Auntie Veronica?" Rodney grabbed Sindy's hand.

"She'll be gone for two weeks and then she'll be right back, don't worry sweetheart" Sindy rubbed his head and smiled reassuringly.

"Really? Are you sure only two weeks?" Erik sprouted with hope.

"That's how long it usually takes" Kristin shrugged.

"But it's worst this time" Ryan spoke after running off to get coffee for Sindy and him.

"Definitely" Sindy took the coffee Ryan handed her.

"I don't think she'll want to be with you after today" Florida sat up.

"Mommy!" Rodney hugged her with excitement.

"You've weakened her" Florida smiled down at Rodney.

"What was the thing you were telling me about crying and it landed you in the hospital?" Erik rambled.

"Drill pushed me that was all but I purposely tripped and hit my head on the doorknob because I had a feeling that if I didn't harm myself they were coming" Florida sighed.

"Who is they?" Erik touched her shoulder.

"Albert Yu and his team" Kristin breathed out.

"That little scrawny dude?" Erik was confused.

"Yup he's very powerful, that's why Veronica dated him but it broke off the beginning of this year because he fell in love with her" Kristin tapped her fingers on the chair she was sitting on.

"Fell in love?" Erik seemed a little heart broken.

"Correct. He still loves her and would never harm her but we can't just tell her that so we just let her vent until she's over it and continues being herself, well some what of herself" Kristin dazed off, thinking of a memory.

Erik blinked.

^^^
Veronica was panting as she punched the guy over and over again.

"Are you tired yet?" said a powerful voice behind her.

"He tried to rape me" Veronica spoke low.

"They kill him, it's not like you've never done it before" the voice was closer.

"It's been awhile, that's all" she held the man's body, he had went limp a long time ago.

"Just do it" she felt the voice breathe on her neck.

Veronica pulled out her pocket knife and raised it above the limp man's head. She closed her eyes and thrusted the knife forward with all her strength.

"Ooo right between the eyes, I'm impressed" Veronica opened her eyes to see her knife stuck in the middle of the attempted-raper's forehead. She smiled.

"Look at me Veronica" Veronica turned only to see someone she thought she would never see so soon.

Albert Yu.

"I bet you missed me" he's voice was slightly deeper but definitely not deep like Erik's.

"You're the one who left me, idiot" Veronica removed the knife from the guy's forehead and placed it back into her pocket.

"You've been crying, my sweet angel" he raised his hand towards her and wiped away a stray tear. "Did I scare you?" he smirked.

"You would never scare me" she took a breath.

"Good because I don't want you thinking I'm someone so terrifying" he smiled sweetly. Veronica wondered why he always played nice with her.

"How's business?" Veronica pushed his hand away.

"Busy, as usual" he seemed hurt at the small rejection.

"I bet you miss my team" she laughed.

"Not your team but maybe it's leader" he looked up and gave her a small smile.

"Are you flirting with me right now? There's literally a dead body by my feet and I was the one who killed him" she raised a brow.

"Oh yeah that. Ricardo!" A big man came out of the shadows and picked up the lifeless body. "There it's gone" Albert grinned.

"I guess I should head back to my team, I feel way better" she smiled.

"How about a parting gift?" Albert winked.

"Sure why not" she smirked.

^^^
"You look like you just had sex" Florida said when Veronica walked in with frizzy hair and messy clothing.

"I did" Veronica laughed.

"You're lucky Erik went home and didn't hear you say that" Sindy rolled her eyes.

"What? We haven't even done that yet" Veronica sat on the floor.

"Really? Are we actually talking about you because you like sex and you're falling for Erik so why hasn't it happened?" Sindy was curious.

"When it happens it'll be amazing because I'm falling for him" Veronica rolled her eyes.

"We told him you'd be gone for two weeks, Why are you back so fast?" Kristin rocked Rodney in her arms.

"It's however long it takes for Albert to show up and he came early" they eyed her and then just shrugged.

"Whatever." They said.

Death in my sight... Death in my mind... Death in my hands... Death by me...