Chapter Thirty Six

The link you have clicked appears to be broken. Send a dollar to our Paypal and we'll fix it for you.

Ohhh y'all thought this was an update. Goteeeem.

Kidding, it is an update. Enjoy

My small feet beat against the pavement as I ran down a secluded street. I took slow, even breaths in and out, but that did nothing to ease the burning feeling in my chest.

I'd been running a lot the last few days. Certain days I felt like I was running for relief; other days I felt like I was running from myself, but running from yourself is like chasing pavements.

The weights that I had around my ankles were gradually feeling lighter with each run, unlike my heart that grew heavier with each day. I'd been feeling sad for no reason lately, and I didn't know how to cope with it. I'd wake up in the mornings and just want to cry, and I barely slept at night.

I'd never felt like that before. If I was sad, there was always a reason behind it. I knew how to deal with the reason. I'd shove it deep down and forget about it, but how do I do that when there is no reason?

I pulled my cap down lower to shield my eyes from the sun's glare. The wind was blowing in the direction that the sun was setting in, like it was ushering it off stage for a set change, for a scene that the moon would be a part of.

When I reached my destination, I crouched forward with my hands on my kness and closed my eyes. I allowed my heart rate to slow down while I focused on all the sounds around me.

I sighed one last sigh, then stood up straight, taking in where I was, where my feet always led me; the cemetary. I never went in though. I'd run until I couldn't run anymore, and always end up there.

But I didn't like cemetaries. The thought of being surrounded by dead bodies just didn't sit well with me.

I pulled my phone from my back pocket and noticed I had three missed calls and a couple of texts from Trey. All the messages were the middle finger emoji, so I didn't bother replying. Instead, I called him to see what was up.

"You ain't see me callin' yo dumb ass?" He answered with clear frustration in his voice.

"Oh hey, Trey. It's nice to hear your lovely voice too."

"Well it ain't nice to hear yo' voice. Yo' shit like laxatives. I'm doin' recon, but you gotta nigga feelin' like he needa take a shit."

"I'm returnin' your calls, Trey," I replied with a sigh. "Wassup?"

"You wasn't at school today."

"I wasn't feeling it."

"You wasn't feelin' it? My nigga, you wasn't at school yesterday either. And when you is at school yo' ass ain't no where to be found."

I rolled my eyes. "Nigga, you wouldn't know. You hardly ever in class, and you don't eat lunch with us."

"Us must be them fuckin' personalities in yo' head 'cause you ain't been eatin' with Erin."

"You miss me? Is that what it is?"

"That's like the devil askin' God if he miss havin' him up in heaven. I'm just makin' sure you straight, yo. I gotta show April fine ass I'm step daddy material."

"Yea well I'm good. Thanks for checkin' up." With that, I hung up.

I sighed softly and glanced up at the sky. Maybe I was admiring the view. Maybe I was searching for someone or something. Some sign to show me all the trials we go through in life aren't in vain. I'd been questioning God and the point of existence, but the subjected was too deep in itself. It gave me headaches some nights.