Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

He stared in my direction unbelievingly. "Risha?"

He rubbed his eyes and made a face. He probably thought he smoked some bad weed that was playing tricks on his mind. I could tell the effects hadn't fully worn off because he was a little calmer than he probably would've been in this situation, and his eyes still had a hint of pink.

"I shoulda known you knew my daughter. The way she dressed I wouldn't be surprised if the whole hood knew her," Marcus cut in.

Trey's eyebrows shot up. "That's yo pops?" He rubbed a hand across his face. "Man I must be high out my ass right now," he added on more to himself.

I heard footsteps so I glanced back at Marcus and noticed he was heading towards the couch. He looked between Trey and I as he took his seat.

"What the hell was goin' on in here yo? 'Cause I thought that was some random broad you was with. Looked like y'all was 'bout to get it poppin' in here, but you her pops." Trey asked bluntly when he realized his mind wasn't playing tricks on him.

"That ain't none of your business. Curiosity got the cat killed and y'all lil New York cats stay curious. Probably why yo ol' boy ain't here right now." My jaw dropped at his response. He indirectly threatened him while bringing up his deceased father. Trey and I weren't close so that was the first time I'd heard something about his dad.

His jaw clenched and in the blink of an eye his hand went to the waistband of his jeans and whipped out a gun. It wasn't aimed at me and I was about ready to start waving a white flag. It had me thinking if I was cut out for the street life I was trying to work towards.

"Put the gun down before mine start beggin' to come out and play. We just having a lil conversation." His demeanor was so calm. Like he'd been in similar situations. Like he'd done things like that for a living. "So what's your relationship with my daughter? You fuckin' her?" He kept his voice nonchalant as he leaned more into the couch and rested his arms behind him. I couldn't see Trey's facial expression, but I guess Marcus found it amusing because a smile lit up his face.

"What? She ain't ugly. Look here son, I like you so I'm about to do you a solid. In now a days society these lil girls is fast. If there ain't nothing I can do about it, I might as well let my lil nigga in right?" He laughed a little. "As her dad you've got my permission to do what you want from the waist up." He then looked me dead in my eyes and winked. My heart dropped and I could feel tears building up in my eyes. Did I really expect more from him though?

"I don't gotta take this." I pushed myself up off the wall and started walking in the direction of the front door. Marcus shot up from his seat.

"Where the hell you think you goin'?" He exclaimed. A click followed his movement and I froze in my tracks. I wasn't a gun expert, but I'd watched enough movies to know what was supposed to come after that click. I was a couple of steps away from the door and a few inches from Trey. Being so close to him and Marcus, the tension became more apparent; it almost felt tangible.

"Lisa get yo' ass in here and close that door," he ordered.

She walked in slowly with her head down and shut the door behind her. As she neared Marcus her steps became more hesitant. He must've grown tired of waiting because once she was within reach, he snatched her by her jaw.

"You knew she went. You ain't even plan on telling me," he growled.

I snapped out of my trance and took a step forward. Lisa may not have been my favorite person in the world, but she didn't deserve that. "What the hell are you doing, it wasn't her fault. Where I was going wasn't her business and neither was it yours."