Chapter 10 (Sky)

Ty screamed in pain as Jewel yanked a chunk of glass out of his wing. I rolled myself off my hospital bed to hug him.
"Ssshhhh, it's okay. As long as you're in my arms, you're safe, I promise." I whispered to him. I kept whispering as many soothing things that I could think of as Ty cried and Jewel, Roxy, and Nico tended to his wing.

At some point some doctors rushed in with wide eyes and frantic faces from the screaming then saw us and slowly walked back to what they were doing.

Once the girls were done with Ty's wing I glanced over at Melody. She seemed to understand because she nodded then herded the sisters out of the room and closed the door, leaving Ty and I alone in silence.
Well, almost silence.
The only sound in the room were the quiet sobs of pain coming from Ty thanks to his wing. I held him tightly, careful to avoid his wings, as I rubbed circles on his back. When he quieted down I released him from the embrace.

I cupped his face in my hands and wiped his tears away with my thumb as he looked up at me. "S-Sky.." His voice was kind of raspy from crying. I shushed him and moved his hair so I could see both his beautiful eyes. "It's okay, Ty, I'm here." I say before softly pressing my lips to his forehead without thinking.

I pulled back and looked away, blushing, as Ty lightly touched where I kissed him.

"You..." He mutters.
"I know you think I'm gross cause I kissed ya an' you're a guy and, and--" Ty cut me off
"No, Sky. I-I don't think that. A-Actually, I have s-something to tell you.. I--" Then he gets cut off by Seto and Jewel bursting into the room screaming;

"HAS SKYLOX HAPPENED YET?!"

AT THE FRICKIN' TOP OF THEIR LUNGS SO THE ENTIRE BASE JUST PROBABLY HEARD THEM.

I feel my eyes glow brighter than they already are from being startled and a budder aura shoves them out of the room and slams the door shut in their faces.

"Now that we're alone, um, I-I..." Ty starts but stops for a moment. I look at him and bite the inside of my cheek as I nervously wait for him to say he hates me.

"I-I, uh.."

"Sky, I-I love you."

"I love you too, Ty..."