Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

Naruto's P.O.V.:

What is this??? Why am I floating...

I studied my hands and legs... Last I remembered was going out with my friends and my wife before I blacked out...

I then decided to look around and realised I'm in a totally white room...

"We're doing something different today..." someone spoke in a muffled voice and my head whipped downwards.

I saw myself with a woman in front of a white piano... Though the vision of that woman is a total blur... I can just make out long dark hair... I'm not even sure what colour is her hair...

Wait... How can I be floating and be sitting down on that chair at the same time???

"Err, okay? Like a different song?" I heard myself speak.

I decided to float down and stand beside the piano so I can take a good look at not only myself but at the woman too... Unfortunately the woman is still a blur and her voice is still weirdly muffled even when I stood so near to her...

"No... Sasuke told me you can read musical notes and sing..." I could make out a blur line on her lips as she turned to me... I'm guessing that's a smile...

"Teme told you that?!? I told him not to tell anyone..." the non-floating me answered but the woman silenced me with a finger to my lips.

"It's fine Naruto kun. I thought only Sasuke among us can sing. But Sasuke said your passion lies more in playing the piano. So I prepared something that I hope you'll like..." the woman said shyly as she fiddled with her fingers.

What the hell is going on here?!? Who is this woman and what am I doing here with her?!? And what is this surprise that she has for me?!?

"I will play the piano and you sing the song as you read the score, can you do that?"

"Well I have to see how difficult the notes are. If I can't reach the notes then I can't sing..."

The woman shook her head...

"It's fine. I've tuned and arranged the musical score such that it's catered for a male's voice..."

Wow she did all that... For me? Just who is this lady???

"Anything for you ******... Like I said I love you... I will do anything for you." I told her as fuzzy pink circles appeared on her cheeks and she bent down to pick up her bag and opened it.

I love this woman? That much to say those three words???

She took out 2 sets of musical scores, one for me to hold and the other for her to place on the music rack.

"****** ****... The score has no title..." I frowned as I studied the pages.

The floating me is very confused now...

The woman is a blur and finally when I'm getting close to her identity, the idiotic me wouldn't say her name right... The idiotic me's voice was muffled when he mentioned her name...

Let's just call the other me the idiotic me...

Idiotic me tried to hum the tune a bit, it sounds a bit familiar but not really...

"It's fine Naruto kun... Just go with the flow... Can you do that for me?" the woman asked gently...

"That's the thing about you ******. You always ask for my permission whenever you wanna do something even if it's for my happiness. You don't have to ask ****** ****... Even if it kills me I will do it for you." I answered firmly but gently.

The floating me widened my eyes...

Wow I must have really loved this woman so much for me to say such stuff...

The woman took a deep breath and began her piece...

Idiotic me listened intently as he read his score... When his part began... Idiotic me read the lyrics and sung...

Well it's a nice song... Though the start seems familiar...

When the chorus began, that's when it hit me... I mean the floating me... I guess the same for the idiotic me as his eyes were also as wide as saucers...

This... This... This is... the music box piece... that dad created for mum... That he left for me... This lady... managed to piece together... and create a whole song out of it???

Damn it! Again everytime I try to hear or search for her name in memory it's always either a blur or a muffled voice...

Floating me kept observing the woman who was playing intently and her eyes never once dart to her music score...

She must have memorized the song and her copy is just there in case she forgot...

Suddenly I was hit with a flash of images... But it all happened in one shot that it caused me to have a tremendous headache and the images suddenly broke into pieces in my mind...

"NO!!!"