Chapter Thirty-Three

Hinata took a deep breath as she composed herself...

"Come on Hinata... You can do this..."

But I've already made up my mind right???

"Say my name again!" Naruto's voice resounded in her head...

Hinata's hands trembled as she reached up a finger to switch on the microphone...

"I can't believe I ever slept with you!"

Hinata's finger stopped a few micro inches from the 'on' button of the microphone...

"It's not Naruto kun doesn't deserve me... It's I who don't deserve Naruto kun... I love you Naruto kun..."

Hinata shut her eyes tight due to her overwhelming memories...

"Please don't ever leave me..."

Hinata's eyes opened wide as she made up her mind.

It's now or never Hinata... Naruto kun is yours and you have to get him back!!!

She held her breath and started singing...

The spotlight was immediately focused on her as Sasuke and the rest cheered on their friend.

Nagato and Lee were controlling the spotlight as they managed to hijack the stage control area by tying up the technician crew...

Naruto's ears perked up at her voice as he was still confused at what's going on...

When he played his piece, it sounded more upbeat and faster, and the notes and tunings were much higher compared to the usual notes that he's been practicing to...

When he heard a melodic voice, one of his eyes side glanced to see the spotlight shining onto a familiar figure...

"Isn't that... Hinata... chan..." Naruto allowed himself to say that nickname as he continued playing.

"Why is my score sheet different anyway? Did someone swap it???" Naruto continued his rants in his head but he didn't see the commotion that was happening from the first row.

"Let me go!!!" Shizuka yelled as a female police officer handcuffed her, escorted by Itachi and Obito.

"Mam' you're under arrest for suspected foul play in a car crash involving Uzumaki Naruto as well as for robbery and housebreaking as you have his wedding ring and a piano sheet which is in Hyuga Hinata's handwriting." Obito informed solemnly as Itachi clicked his tongue.

"Tsk. You forgot harassment too Obito! Have you forgotten about the spare phones we found which contain messages of them threatening Hinata?! You haven't done your homework have you?" Itachi teased as Obito scratched his neck sheepishly.

"Come on you're making me look uncool here..." he began before Shizuka interrupted their conversation.

"Unhand me at once! My bodyguards and..."

"No can do mam'. Our men have already arrested all your bodyguards as well as the Otsutsuki family too.. And your military forces won't be able to help you as this is considered an intentional murder case already." Obito shrugged.

"Yea you could have killed Uzumaki Naruto from that car crash. Take her away." Itachi nodded at the lady officer as the two male officers followed...

*~*               

Hinata never stopped singing as she slowly approached the stage...

Naruto couldn't look at her for a lot of reasons...

Firstly, he's a coward and can't face up to the mean and horrible things he's said and done to her...

Secondly, she's a great person and he's undeserving of her...

Thirdly, he's an asshole and doesn't know how to tell her he can't do what she requested... for him to sign the divorce papers as well as not to look her up...

Hinata went up the stage and stood right in front of his piano, never breaking a sweat as she continued singing...

Her intonations and pitching were excellent... She hit every note perfectly and she never broke eye contact with Naruto...

Naruto's fingers effortlessly glided over the piano...

Now it seems right... I can play the piano as well as Hinata chan... Why is that so...

It then dawned on him why Shizuka was so against on modifying the song. It's not that she doesn't want to... It's that she can't even if she wanted to as the original composer has always been Hinata...

When the chorus came again for the second time, Naruto's eyes widened as he was hit with a series of memories...

Suddenly Naruto was hit with a flash of images... He saw himself marrying Hinata, he saw himself being intimate with Hinata, he saw himself with Hinata decorating his apartment, he saw a pregnant Hinata and how he cared for her as months went by, he saw himself rushing Hinata to the hospital and few hours later, he sat by her bed carrying their newborn...

Instead of feeling a throbbing pain, he felt as if a huge dark cloud has dissipated and the sun shone through his mind... He saw everything in a clear light as he finally looked up to face the woman before him...

This is Hinata Hyuga... This is Hinata chan... This is his princess... This is his wife...

And just like that, Uzumaki Naruto got his memory back...