Chapter 17

Hey! I wrote this chapter really long to kind of apologize for being in a writer's block. I'm only on Chapter 19, that's how much I'm in a writers block. Thanks!

*********************** 

Chapter 17 (Paul's imprint, complete)

My father looked like he couldn't be happier. He grabbed me in another hug, which I gladly returned. I heard Paul growl again, but ignored it at the moment. I looked at Mary again to see her no longer in her seat, but right next to my father.

"Ashy..." she said in what I supposed to be a sexy voice. "Why do you believe her? She said she hated you. And you said you loved me."

I laughed at her lie. It was so obvious she was lying. I could also tell she didn't love my father, she loved his money.

"Dad?" I asked, pulling his attention away from Mary. "Did you start losing money after Mom and I left?"

My father looked at me quizzically. He knew I noticed something was wrong. I was always was observant, not only with my senses, but also with my mind.

"Yes. Why?"

I saw Mary shoot me a glare and her hand clenched into a fist. I saw her start to raise her fist but I felt myself being pulled behind a body. I looked up to see Paul glaring down at Mary. Paul was holding me against his back, and I couldn't be happier.

I saw Jared and Kim pull Mary away and shove her back in the car. I could tell Mary was pissed but she wouldn't try anything based on how the pack was acting about me. I got out of Paul's grasp but I let him wrap his arms around my stomach and let his chin rest on my shoulder.

My father was looking at us suspiciously but shrugged it off.

"Why?" my father repeated.

"Mary didn't love you at all. She loved your money. Mom didn't love your money. She didn't even take any of it when we left. We went to Grandma and Grandpa and they were more than happy to help us. And I know what you're thinking. You want Mom back. But she doesn't want you. She found someone, she met him online and she's already in love with him. I haven't met him yet but by I talk to him on the phone often. I'm sorry but Mom found someone else."

My father looked upset but kept it hidden. Then he decided to change the subject.

"So, Katrina, who's this?" my father asked, gesturing to Paul.

"Oh! Dad, this is Paul. Paul, this is my father, Asher."

"Nice to meet you, Paul," My father said holding out a hand for Paul to shake.

Paul took one arm off my waist to shake my father's waiting hand. My father eyed Paul, and the way Paul was looking at me.

"Nice to finally meet you, sir," Paul said.

My father raised an eyebrow at Paul's sentence.

"Finally?"

Paul nodded his head. I laughed at how Paul tried to stay calm.

"Katrina talks about you a lot, but she won't give much away. I actually noticed her for the first time when you were talking to her on the phone. Sir, I don't think you realize how big of an impact you made on Katrina's life."

My father only looked confused. He didn't show any other emotion, although, I did know that he is shocked at how formal Paul is being. To be honest, so was I.

"What do you mean?" my father asked.

Paul stared at me as he explained to my father how different I acted compared to how I was when I was younger.