Chapter 21 (Bonfire Part 2)

READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Hey, I think I might end this story here. But, before you freak, it's actually your decision. Comment if you think this should be the end or if I should continue. I was thinking about this because I broke my finger so it is very hard to type and my finals are coming up soon. But, what comes after finals is summer vacation, where I can write all day long! So please tell me wheather you think I should end it here or not.

*********************************************

Chapter 21 (Paul’s imprint)

When I reached my seat I realized half the food was gone. When I looked over at Paul I saw him eating a hot dog. I rolled my eyes and sat down again.

“Remember to breathe Paul,” I said placing Paul’s drink on the ground.

Paul looked up. When he swallowed he kissed me on the forehead again.

“Thanks for getting our drinks Katrina.”

“No problem,” I said smiling up at him.

Paul returned the smile before turning back at the food. I looked around to see only the pack was still eating. I also noticed that Paul had the most food.

In the next half hour Paul had finished all the food and was now leaning back, holding his stomach.

“I cannot believe you finished all that food,” I said in disbelief.

“Well, you better believe it because I did eat all that food. Did you have enough food?” Paul asked sweetly.

“I did, thanks for asking.” Paul nodded.

I rested my head on Paul’s shoulder. Paul wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me there. We sat there in silence before a voice spoke louder than everyone else’s.

“Okay everyone, now it is time for the telling of the Quileute Legends,” shouted Billy.

Everyone immediately settled down, except Kim and Claire. Kim pulled out a notebook, ready to take notes of the stories. From what I heard from Paul, you wouldn’t ever be able to forget the words that came out of Billy’s mouth when he told the stories. Claire ran out of Quil’s grip and ran into my lap. I was shocked that Claire still wanted to sit next to me, but I didn’t object when she did.

I looked over at Quil to make sure it was still okay, but when I saw he had a smile from ear to ear, I knew he was fine with it. I also looked over at Paul to see him smiling down at me again. I smiled back and leaned into him again.

“Remember don’t talk during the storytelling; it’s mine and Kim’s first time hearing them so we really want to pay attention,” I stated.

Claire nodded and leaned into me. I put my arms around Claire and held her in my lap so that incase she fell asleep she wouldn’t fall over.

“Please don’t get scared by the stories,” Paul pleaded in my ear.

“I won’t. And if I do, you’ll protect me right?”

“Of course.”

Everyone quieted down when Billy cleared his throat. I looked at him excitedly. Soon he began the lines of the story, him saying every word like poetry.

“The Quileutes have been a small people from the beginning…..” and the stories began.

Kim furiously took notes, as Billy spoke. I listened to every word he said. Paul was right; I can never forget theses stories. Another thing I was worried about was not my safety, but Paul’s. He goes off every day and checks for cold ones, or vampires. I know the Cullens are vampires, but they’re the good ones, so I don’t worry about them. I’m worried about the others, such as the Volturi.