Chapter 18

Hey everyone! Sorry I have updated in a little while; I have been trying to get caught up on my chapters. Well, here's chapter 18!

**********************************************************************************

Chapter 18 (Paul's imprint, complete)

Paul and I finished our homework and walked up to my room. I sat at my piano while Paul sat in my saucer chair. I started to play notes on the piano, feeling Paul’s eyes on me the whole time. I started to hum along with the notes I was playing, already writing a new song.

Drop everything now,

 Meet me in the pouring rain.

 Kiss me on the sidewalk,

Take away the pain.

Cause I see sparks fly,

Whenever you smile.

Get me with the green eyes baby,

As the light down.

Give me something that’ll haunt me,

When you’re not around.

Cause I see sparks fly,

Whenever you smile.

 I heard clapping from behind me. I quickly turned around to see my father, my mother, Mary, Bob, and Paul watching me. Everyone was clapping except for Mary.

“Still marrying that WITCH?” I asked my father, pointing to Mary.

“No,” my father answered. “I am not going to marry her. Katrina did you just write that?”

I looked down at my lap and nodded. I could already feel myself blushing.

“Was it about me?” Paul whispered in my ear.

I jumped at how Paul had gotten so close to me without me noticing.

“Yes,” I said. I turned back to the piano, grabbing my song book. I quickly wrote down the lyrics as everyone settled down throughout my room.

“What are doing?” I asked.

 “We are going to watch you write a song,” Bob explained.

I nodded and let my fingers position themselves on the piano. I started to play new notes, making them somewhat match the notes I played earlier.

The way you move is like a full-on rainstorm,

 And I’m a house of cards.

You’re the kind of reckless that should send me running,

But I kinda know I won’t get far.

You stood there in front of me,

Close enough to touch.

Close enough to hope you couldn’t see,

What I was thinking of.

I stopped playing and wrote the lyrics in my song book again. I sang the chorus again and tried another verse.

Drop everything now,

 Meet me in the pouring rain.

Kiss me on the sidewalk,

Take away the pain.

‘Cause I see sparks fly,

Whenever you smile.