Chapter 4

No one is joining my contest! The contest for Katrina hearing the heartbeat will be open until I post Chapter nine. The one about Katrina hating her dad still doesn't have a closing date. Anyways, I will now shut up. Enjoy!

*************************

Chapter 4

I walked into English class still feeling Paul behind me. He was finished yelling at Diane and soon stood behind me. AGAIN.

I could feel Paul shaking behind me, I guess that's what he does when he's angry. I've always seen the other guys in the group do it but Paul always does it the most.

I walked over to the seats Kim and I always sat at in this class. Sadly it's in the first row so everyone can see us.

I pulled my hood further over my head, knowing everyone was staring at me because of either what just happened in the hallway or the fact that Paul was still following me. He was really starting to piss me off. Why did he have to follow me? It was just plain creepy now.

I reached my seat and soon realized Kim wasn't next to me. I looked around and found her right at the table behind ours, talking to Jared.

I glared at Kim. She must have felt my stare because she stopped talking and turned to look at me. Her shoulders sunk when she found out what she did. She said goodbye to Jared and sat down next to me.

"Um...Sorry?" Kim tried to apologize.

I couldn't stay mad at Kim so I just turned in my chair and smiled at the greatest best friend in the world.

"It's okay. I know, Jarod's finally talking to you and it's totally different and new. You love it."

Kim only gave me a even bigger smile and started doing a little dance in her chair.

"Just promise me you won't forget your best friend," I stated not wanting to lose my only friend.

"I could never."

Kim and I sealed our deal with a big hug. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jared and Paul looking at us hopefully.

Weird.

Mrs. Lee walked into the classroom and everyone stopped talking. Mrs. Lee is the teacher everyone loves, no matter what your personality is.

"Okay class today we're going to begin a fun project," Mrs. Lee began, "We're going to get to know some people better. For example, Jared and Paul. They would ask each other questions about what they think. And then they would switch with another table. Such as, Kim and Katrina."

We nodded although I wasn't looking forward to working with Paul. I knew Kim would go to Jared so I would get Paul. Lucky me.

"Also," Mrs. Lee interrupted my thoughts, "so no one will get confused, I will give an example with Katrina."

My eyes popped out so far I wouldn't have been surprised if they fell out of my head. Mrs. Lee knows I don't like it when I'm the center of attention, so I don't know why she's doing it now.

Mrs. Lee walked over to stand in front of my chair. I crossed my arms, showing her I won't admit much.

"Okay, Katrina, what do you think when I say 'birds'?"

I said the first thing that came to my mind, which I know is what she wanted me to do.

"Prey."

I know Mrs. Lee was shocked, probably thinking I would say something girly like "flowers". I sat at my chair unaffected by all the gasps coming from the other students.