dish 3 ;; kalguksu

"im still waiting for your email, assistant manager lee," minah let out a sigh, tapping the bottom of the pen against her desk impatiently.

lee jaehwan nodded, "i'm hoping to get a response from the model by this evening, then i can email you as prompted." he left the room soon after, minah dropping her head low in a stressful manner.

as soon as jaehwan left the room he grabbed his phone from the desk and dialled seokjin's number. "yah! why aren't you answering any of my texts?" jaehwan whisper-shouted, darting his head back every few seconds to see if anyone walked by the hallway.

"i'm busy too you know," seokjin muttered, balancing his phone between his ear and shoulder, whilst trying to carefully cut the wheat-flour noodles into thin, straight lines.

jaehwan rolled his eyes, "busy with what? cooking for your neighbour?"

"how did you know?"

"god, seokjin," jaehwan groaned, "you've been going on about your new neighbour for the past two days."

"oh?"

"no, not oh, i need you to tell me if you're going to take up the modelling offer..."

seokjin thought for a moment, "you already know that i want to take a break from modelling jaehwan-ah."

"i know, i know," jaehwan mumbled. "but we're really desperate right now, director park is going to slaughter me if i don't get her a model by the end of today."

"please, seokjin, just this once."

"fine."

"i love you, i love you, i lo-" jaehwan quickly stuffed his phone in his pocket as minah walked by, giving him a questioning look.

"your... girlfriend?" she questioned, surprised by the confession he was making into his phone, but jaehwan choked on his spit, shaking his head rapidly. minah raised a brow so jaehwan quickly gave her a slight bow and left the hallway.

minah soon left the building, deciding to get home to change and go out for lunch. as she drove towards her apartment building, minah thought about her neighbour, wondering if she could ask her out for some lunch too. but as she left the elevator and took a few steps towards her door, a warm scent hit her nose, making her taste buds drool. a familiar tray caught her sight and a wide smile appeared as minah picked up the tray, staring down at the warm contents.

"knife noodles," minah hummed happily, turning the lock on her door and stepping inside.

from the other side of the hallway, seokjin leaned up against the eye-hole, watching the back of his special neighbour disappear behind the door.