2

I pulled up into the driveway of my parent's house

I pulled up into the driveway of my parent's house. And put the car in park then grab my bags. I unlock the door and walk through the front door. In the sitting room lies Dad watching one of the daytime TV Channels.

"You're home! How was Tyler's?" Dad asks once I set my stuff down beside the door.

"I was there a total of like 10 minutes. 15 max. Even though it was just about a week it was great to see Pete, and Ben, and Tyler. Since I'm usually travelling with them." I state as I sit on the couch.

"Mum, Dad. I'll be back. I've gotta go me-"

"Nope. We're gonna eat dinner together. So no ones leaving the house later." Dad says as Stephanie stops with her hand on the door.

"Actually. I've gotta go to the gym later on. So..." I say looking at Stephanie.

"Too bad. Do it tomorrow. Today, we're eating as a family. You've been in Ireland for a week. We're going to spend one night together." Dad declares. When he says we're having a family dinner I can't say otherwise. Stephanie rolls her eyes before going right back up the stairs. I grab my bag and go upstairs. I unpack my bag before Stephanie sits on the bed.

"Listen. I've gotta go to this party. It's the biggest party of the year. Can you cover for me?" She asks.

"I can't I have to go to the gym. It's important." I say.

"The gym? You're sacrificing my social status because of the gym?" She asks. She was used to me helping her sneak out.

"Just bring your friends here. You're 21. They aren't going to ground you. The last time I snuck out they grounded me for a month!" She informs.

"I won't tell on you for sneaking out, but if they ask if you snuck out I won't deny it," I say.

"Good enough." She says before happily skipping out my room. Man, I hope I wasn't like that when I was 15. I grab my phone off the bed and text Pete.

I changed into a crop top, a pair of shorts, and running shoes

I changed into a crop top, a pair of shorts, and running shoes. I filled my water bottle up in the kitchen.

"I thought I said you weren't going to the gym," Dad says confused.

"We're gonna go now, and be back before dinner. Say about 5:30 we'll be home." I inform.

"Well, are you gonna invite them for dinner then?" He questions.

"I wasn't planning on it..." I tell him.

"Well, you can if they're fr-"

"Dad! I think I'm sick." Stephanie says as she comes into the kitchen. Wearing sweats, her hair in a messy bun and she holds the thermometer.

"I'll get going. They should be here soon." I state. Just as my phone buzzes. A text from Pete saying they've arrived. I leave the house and go to their car. Sitting in the backseat with Tyler. Ben was driving with Pete sitting next to him.

"Hey. So, how was daddy? Was he okay with us taking you to the gym?" Pete teases. Garnering Tyler's attention as we back out the lane.

"He was okay with it...and even invited you all to join us," I inform. Pete smiles widely.

"Will your mum be there?" Pete questions interested.

"She's got a long night again at the hospital. Depends on when her shift ends." I say.

"Maybe. I'll be her second son." Pete says with a smile.

"Don't," I warn, quickly shutting down the conversation. Pete nods his head as I look out the window. Pete never made statements referencing my big brother often but I couldn't take it. He wanted to lighten the mood, but I can't take it. 7 years later and I couldn't handle the slightest mentioning of Dean.

"So...why do you need to bolt a window shut?" Ben questions. Clearly wanting whatever that just happened to go away.

"I'll tell you later," I respond.

"Does it involve Stephanie?" Pete inquires.

"It depends," I reply

"On?" Tyler questions.

"If that means you'll help or not," I say with a small smile creeping its way onto my face.

"Is it illegal?" Ben asks.

"No."

"Then what is it?" Pete wondered. I shrug.

"Stephanie is going to sneak out to go to a party. So as payback for so many things....I'm going to bolt her window shut so she has to use the front door. Usually, my mum or dad are in the living room late. Doing paperwork, or just watching TV. Which means she get's caught." I say.

"And if they aren't in the living room?" Ben ponders.

"The front door is always locked. Along with the back door." I reveal as we pull up in front of the gym. Not too far from the house.