10

"Hey, you ready to go?" I ask Tyler

"Hey, you ready to go?" I ask Tyler. He looks behind him in his apartment. He doesn't reply.

"Who's at the door?" His mum asks as she comes into view.

"Just Madyson. We've gotta go to the show today." Tyler tells her.

"I guess we should get going too." She replies.

"I would've texted, but Pete broke my phone last night," I inform.

"That explains why you never answered my texts." He says. I nod.

Last Night

"Hey, Pete can you toss me my phone?" I ask. He was in the kitchen. Doing merch while I watched TV. Not really interested in what was on. He hums a response.

A light crash is heard as something collides with the floor.

"Oh, shit." I hear him mumble.

"What was that?" I question, kind of scared to hear the answer.

"Oh, just uhm your phone." He replies casually as he walks it over.

"Pete! I swear, if my screen is cracked I'm going to kill you." I mumble as I turn it over. Not just a cracked screen, but the screen wouldn't turn on.

"Pete!" I exclaim standing up.

"Shit." He says once he sees me start to go after him. He quickly scurries off to his room, and into his bathroom. I am quick to catch up, and as I push against the door I hear it lock.

"Pete! I swear on my life I'm going to end you!" I say. This was my one way of knowing where I'm going this month, tells me if anyone, in particular, wanted a meeting for me to work with them. I hear him laugh lightly.

"I'll get it fixed," Pete says as I slide down the door.

"What about till it is fixed? Then I'm stuck without a phone. I've got important things on there!" I exclaim. I hear him sigh slightly. Finally sinking in that he has to pay for a new one, and he locked himself in one room, without food. While I had the entire place to roam around.

"Yeah. So, I'll be in the car." I say.

"I'll be down in a few. I've gotta talk to you...about merch." He says raising his eyebrows as he looks over at his mum.

.

"So, before you mention 'merch' Pete is catching on...to something. I don't know what exactly he thinks is going on, but he mentioned it on our ride to the arena." I tell him.

"I do believe that you said you don't mind if people get the wrong idea." He points out.

"You said you didn't. It's a crock a shit. You know that it annoys me when you say it, and I know it turns you on. I'm surprised you're not hard just at the thought of it." I reply.

"I don't care. They can find out. It's not like they're gonna get involved. What's my business is my business." He replies a little harsh.

"Well, I care. Because I don't need the other guys thinking I'm a slut. Plus that means one of em will accidentally mention it. Then everyone knows. Which means people could get involved." I theorise.

"So, you want to stop?

"I never said that. I'm just saying, be a little more careful." I start.

"I'm going out of town in a few days. I don't want to worry about 'being careful'. You realise you get a little annoyed after being careful. I bet you'll be eager to text...or call...or maybe more while I'm away." He jokes.

"Well, I can't, therefore, I'm stuck. So, even if I wanted to talk to you I can't." I deadpan.

"Reevaluate everything after I come back. By the time I'm back if you don't have a phone I'm gonna buy you a fucking landline if it means you'll talk." He says with a smirk on his face.