18

"Thanks again Marty!" I state with a bright smile as he wraps his arms around me for a hug

"Oh yeah, not a problem. You sure you have to go?" He asks as we pull apart.

"Yeah, I mean I should probably head home." I reply as I lean against the doorframe.

"But we definitely need to hang out more." He suggests.

"Totally. Just say when and where," I inform. He nods his head with a smile.

"I'll keep that in mind." He replies with a smile. I nod my head before taking off down the hallway to my car. I toss my overnight bag in the car, before getting into the driver's seat. I take the car out of park before getting a call from Tyler. I answer as I start driving off.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask as I place the phone in one of the drink holders.

"Where are you?" He questions, slightly worried.

"I'm on my way home. Why?" I reply as I turn the wheel right at the intersection.

"Are you at Pete's?" He questions.

"No. I was at Marty's. Why? What's up with Pete?" I question yet again.

"I don't know. He's ghosted on Ben and I. We were gonna hang out at Bens. But he didn't show." He explains.

"And because I have a key to his flat you want me to check on him and see what's up?" I ask, knowing that the answer was probably a yes.

"Please babe, I know he's probably just asleep. But still." He states.

"Yeah, sure." I state. Maybe I'd be able to say sorry for yesterday, because I knew my best friend, I knew he was upset for whatever was said between the two of us.

"Thanks babe, you're the best." Tyler tells me.

"Oh I'm aware." I reply.

"Just text me when you find out or whatever. I've gotta go." He states before we hang up.

.

I unlocked the door to Pete's flat, and opened the door slowly. Expecting to see Jack running over to greet me, but he didn't. I just walked in and shut the door quietly. The only sounds being heard throughout the entire flat is Black Roses by Trey Songz. A song I didn't even know Pete knew existed. I check the kitchen first, nowhere to be found. I continue walking towards the bedroom, where the music was coming from, the song apparently on a loop as it'd started to replay itself.

I thought cautiously about knocking, but then decided against it as I already had my hand on the knob twisting it. A low groan escapes his lips as he rolls over on his bed and sees me standing there. He's curled into a ball with Jack laying with him staring up at me.

"I was told to come and check up on you..." I start.

"Just get out." He tells me quietly.

"No. Come on. What's wrong?" I question as I walk further into his room. Turning off the speaker that was playing the song.

"Get out!" This time he says it alot louder.

"I'm not leaving. I'm your best friend. You don't scare me when you yell." I state. He glares up at me as I move next to his body and sit down next to him. He says nothing. But Jack moves to where I've sat and wedges his little body between Pete and I. I pet the dog, him leaning into my touch.

"Now, I know that you probably don't want to see me. But I also came here to apologize for everything yesterday." I start.

"She broke up with me." He states as he moves over so his head is resting in my lap. Making Jack move over in the process.

"Awe. Pete-"

"No, don't because all you're gonna do is baby me. Be a girl and make me talk about my feelings." He replies in disgust.

"Well, I was gonna suggest we do two things, buy tons of alcohol and a shit ton of food." I suggest. I knew it was a good way for Pete to cope and I was hungry as shit, so it'd be a lovely compromise.

"Fuck yeah!" He replies. I smirk.

"Which means you've got to get up, this way we can get the alcohol and all the food we can. I suggest we hit up Nandos or whatever....or I can make a whole bunch of food." I tell him.

"Honestly I don't care. Just get a shit ton of chips and call it a day." He tells me.

"Sounds like a plan." I agree.