5

"Hey, sweetheart

"Hey, sweetheart. How was the-"

"What happened to your eye?!" Mum questions.

"It's fine. I promise." I say to them. Then dad looks back shocked.

"What happened?" She questions again.

"I got an elbow to the eye. It's fine." I dismiss.

"This next show you wrestle at. We're going to." She informs.

"Why? Because of one little incident?" I stomp back down the stairs.

"We need to make sure that you're safe." She exclaims.

"I can have anyone vouch, that we wrestle as safely as possible. Accidents happen. This isn't ballet." She sighs. Knowing she isn't gonna get through to me.

"Can we still go to a show though? You never let us come. We just want to be proud of you." Dad interjects. Seemingly thinking he's solved the issue. I never invited them to a show because it wasn't big. It wasn't a match that meant something to me. It wasn't a match that meant something in a storyline. Except for tonight. But I had a feeling I wouldn't win.  They have been to show's yes. All the beginning few years. Then the past year or so not too much.

"I want you to see an important match, something worth your time and mine. Anytime you want I'll be happy to let you tag along. I'll be sure to snag some tickets. They might not be good seats. But I'm sure I'll see what I can do." I assure.

"What about a show where all your friends are on?" Mum asks.

"Pretty much at least one or two of us are on the same show," I inform.

"Can I check your eye out? Make sure whoever did it knew what they were doing." She pats the couch next to her. I sigh and go over. I know they did a good job, but it was quicker to have her look and agree instead of arguing. Especially if it happened to be medical.

I lay down, my head resting on her lap as she inspected it. She touched it in a few spaces. Nodding her head.

"It looks like they did a blanket continuous suture. I certainly wouldn't have. But it looks like it did the job. It will probably leave a scar but within a few days, it should be not as bad. No pain or anything right?"

"Nothing."

"You'll be fine." She says. Telling me what I already knew.

"Good," I say playing along. I then head upstairs.