Chapter Five

"So we have to get Maleficent to come here?" Morality asked. "How do we do that?"

"Maybe if we say her name three times she'll come," Thomas suggested, joking.

We all stared at him.

"No? Okay." Thomas sighed.

"Any other ideas?" I asked, looking at Logic hopefully.

"Maleficent, Male—" Thomas whispered.

"Thomas, seriously? You're an adult." I glared at him.

"—Ficent, Maleficent." Thomas finished. "Maleficent, Maleficent." He added for good measure.

I sighed. "You done?"

Thomas nodded. "Yeah."

Abruptly, the castle shook, and I almost fell down. Prince actually did fall down, and I snickered.

"Hmm. Looks like Thomas's trick worked." Morality said, then he realized what exactly that meant. "OMG, that means Maleficent is here?! Now?!"

The screams we heard confirmed it.

"Yup." I nodded. "Maleficent's here."

"Although I seriously doubt it was Thomas's trick that did it. She probably knew that Prince had woken up and came because of that. The timing was merely coincidence." Logic said.

Prince and I made eye contact, and we both nodded. "Let's do this."

It all had to do with Logic's plan.

The five of us rushed out into the corridors of the castle. It didn't take long to find the weaponry, and we grabbed gear.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this." Thomas repeated himself from before.

"You should know by now that your life is never truly normal when you have us." Morality smiled.

"Next time can we go to Hogwarts and defeat Voldemort?" Thomas asked.

"There's all sorts of opportunities for Prince to get himself into trouble at Hogwarts." I teased.

"Very funny." Prince said.

The castle shook again, and we all left the weaponry.

"Okay, guys, remember the plan." Prince said.

"We remember, Prince." I said.

We found Maleficent just outside of the castle. She saw Prince and hissed.

"It was true. You are awake." Maleficent hissed.

Prince turned to us and nodded. We returned the gesture.

I kicked Prince in the shin, but I purposely held back. This time. It was all part of the plan.

Prince howled in pain way too dramatically and tripped over. Seems like him, the drama queen. I sighed.

Prince laid there, clutching his leg.

"Why did you attack him?" Maleficent hissed, confused, and upset that she didn't understand. Perfect.

"I didn't want him to get all the glory. He always was a pain." I said. The second part was true, at least.

"You'll regret not having the help. I won't hold back." Maleficent chose that moment to turn herself into a dragon.

Perfect.

If we just stuck to the plan...

Thomas ran, leading Maleficent away from Prince. We followed. She had to follow us, not Prince.

It worked. She completely turned away from Prince.

We attacked Maleficent as a group. We fired arrows at her, but we couldn't seem to get a fatal shot. That's okay, though, because all Prince had to do was attack from behind.

Logic gave him the signal, and Prince leaped up from his position on the ground. He grabbed his sword and slowly, quietly, moved towards the dragon.

Then he tripped.

His sword dropped to the ground with a loud metal clang, and the dragon spun around. Maleficent saw Prince and slowly picked him up.

All four of us fired arrows at Maleficent's arm, and all of them hit. Maleficent hissed in pain, and tossed Prince to the ground.

"Prince!" We yelled.

Prince slammed to the ground. He coughed. He was alive, but weak.

"Did you really think your silly little plan would work?" Maleficent hissed. "You pitiful beings. You're so predictable."

Morality bit his lip. Logic's expression darkened.

Thomas's expression was one I knew well. I knew what he was feeling.

The feeling that you messed up. The feeling of dread.

The feeling that I gave him all too much.

I turned to Maleficent. "You don't scare me. I know that tactic well. I've used it before. You're trying to make us think we have no chance, no hope, we should just give up now. You're trying to weaken us verbally. Look, I specialize in this area. I see right through you."

Maleficent hissed.

I picked up Prince's sword, and I threw it. It landed in Maleficent's side.

It wasn't a perfect shot, but it was enough to badly damage Maleficent.

She collapsed in pain, and I rushed to grab the sword again. Then, I ended it.

~~~

"Anxiety, that was... you were..." Thomas found himself to be speechless. "I didn't know you had that in you."

"We should go home. Prince's not doing so well." I said, ignoring Thomas.

"That was impressive, Anxiety." Logic said.

"Anxiety, that was SO COOL!" Morality said.

I walked over to where Prince was.

"Prince, you okay?" I walked over to him and sat down. "That was a pretty nasty fall there."

Prince groaned and tried to sit up. He winced. "I've been better." He managed to get himself into a sitting position.

"I'm sorry the plan didn't work." I said.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong. On the contrary, even. You defeated Maleficent. You straight up destroyed her." Prince smirked. "It was a very heroic thing to do. I'm proud."

"Shut it, Roman." I said, but I found myself smiling a bit, too.

"You did good, Hot Topic." Prince smiled.

I smiled. "It's good to have you back, Prince."