Chapter Twenty

Okay so I mentioned in the comments on the previous chapter that I was planning on bringing this story to a close, and so now I'm just mentioning it in the story. Don't get me wrong, I love this story and I love where it's gone, and I don't think I've ever been more proud of something I've written. However, it has to end eventually, and I've started another fanfiction, and I'd like to focus primarily on that one. I have an idea of how I'm gonna end this, and I hope you guys like it. But the end won't come for another couple chapters, because I'm going to try to stretch out my idea and try to make it last for a couple chapters. We'll see.

By the way, this is random and unimportant but I'm listening to the Ultimate Storytime soundtrack on repeat as I write. I'm literally addicted to this soundtrack. This is, like, the ten thousandth time I've listened to it. Anyways, so of course I had to put the song "Birds" in the chapter, and thankfully Thomas posted a cover of "Birds" sung by him and Dodie on YouTube, so I put the link in the chapter and you can listen to it and marvel at how stunningly beautiful it is. Also, it appears later in the chapter.

~~~

I heard a knock at my door. Whoever it was waited a moment, then they came in. I was still mostly asleep, but slowly gaining consciousness. But in my tiredness, I didn't look to see who it was. I kept my eyes closed, hoping to get a little more sleep.

"Anxiety," The voice said. "C'mon, Anxiety, wake up."

It's Prince.

"No." I mumbled in my sleep.

Prince laughed. "C'mon, wake up. Trust me, it's worth it."

I just groaned in my tiredness.

Prince walked over to my bed. "Wait, hold on. You sleep in your hoodie?"

"It's comfy. Don't judge me." I said. "Why are you waking me up anyways?"

"I guess it's just returning the favor for that time you woke me up in Sleeping Beauty," Prince said, and I wasn't looking at him, but I could tell he was smiling.

"Oh." I said. "Then I'm not waking up until you kiss me, Prince."

"That can be arranged." Prince smirked flirtatiously, and he leaned over on my bed and kissed me.

I willed myself to wake up.

"Oh, look! It works! This must be true love." Prince joked.

"Must be," I said. I rubbed at my eyes and yawned.

"Alright, Sleeping Beauty, wake up fully because we have a big day ahead of us." Prince said.

"We do? What's happening?" I asked. "Also, shouldn't you be the one we call Sleeping Beauty? You were the one who got cursed, not me."

"Also because I'm a beauty?" Prince smirked.

"Whatever you need to say to make yourself feel better, Princey." I teased.

"You're so mean to me, Anxiety." Prince joked.

"Get over it," I said. "Anyways, where are we going?"

Prince smiled. He had a mischievous look in his eyes. "You'll see."

"You're scaring me, Prince." I said.

"Oh, wow, did I just scare fear itself?" Prince teased. "Anyways, just trust me. It'll be fun."

"What time is it?" I asked.

"9:00." Prince said.

"Oh god, that's way too early." I complained.

"9:00 is too early for you? C'mon, Anxiety." Prince said.