Chapter Eighteen

Flynn, Rapunzel, and Prince had all been asleep for some time, but I still couldn't sleep. 

Insomnia was no stranger to me. As much as I love sleep, a lot of times I just couldn't. There were also the times I kept Thomas up late at night with worries about tomorrow and what was to come, but this wasn't about that now.

God. Thomas.

Okay, okay, fine. I'll admit that I do feel kind of bad for what happened earlier. He was just looking out for me and Prince. I might have been a little harsh.

Holding a grudge like this isn't healthy. Especially against Thomas, we're going to need to find him before we go home. 

I guess it isn't Thomas's fault.

Thomas wasn't acting like himself then. He's usually a good guy. I would know, I am Thomas. Well, his anxiety, at least.

I sighed, knowing I had made a decision.

Fine.

I got up and quietly walked over to where Prince was sleeping.

"Prince," I hissed quietly, so that I didn't wake up Flynn and Rapunzel.

He didn't stir.

"Roman," I whispered.

Still nothing.

I tapped his shoulder.

Still nothing.

"God, you sleep like a rock," I whispered.

I shook him violently until he stirred awake.

"Anxiety? Wha...?" Prince muttered.

"Finally," I whispered. "I was starting to think I would've had to kiss you to break you out of that coma."

Prince smirked. "Worked last time."

"Yeah, well, there's a reason I'm waking you up. Be quiet, don't wake up Flynn and Rapunzel." I whispered. "And let's go."

Prince stood up and yawned. "Go where?"

"To find... To find Thomas and the others." I said. 

Prince smiled at me. "Good."

I looked away. "Don't make it out to be more than it has to be. Let's just go."

"Alright," Prince said. "Do you have any idea where they are?"

"None at all, but the idea is if we search long enough, we'll find them." I said.

"That could take all night." Prince said.

"It could." I said. "So we should get started."

"Flynn and Rapunzel are gonna wonder where we went." Prince said.

"They'll be fine." I said. "Let's go."

"Okay," Prince finally agreed, and we started walking.

We walked for what felt like forever, taking occasional breaks to rest. We saw the sun start to come up, and yet there was still no sign of Thomas or the others.

"God, why does this fictional realm have to be so big? And why does it all look the same?" I complained.

"It's fictional," Prince said. "I guess that's really the best explanation you're gonna get."

I sighed. 

I hesitated, looked around, and then made eye contact with Prince. "Do you think they're looking for us?"

"I think so." Prince said. "Thomas couldn't stay mad for long. And neither could you."

"Yeah, well," I said. "Let's try the village. The kingdom dance scene is coming up soon. Thomas is a Disney fan, so surely he would want to be there for that scene."